Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Keep it civil and on topic in this forum  (Read 1939 times)

Slartibartfast

• My post count proves I'm better than you
Keep it civil and on topic in this forum
« on: December 07, 2009, 10:40:19 AM »

Hello -

One of the first things I did as appeals coordinator was open this forum open to any player who wished to weigh in on an appeal.  Recently, a few bad apples have abused this privilege by using the forum to flame other members (Rockalicy, Batman2, Juked).  Others are using appeals to vent about personal differences (LtFlagger and Stryke), which is similarly inappropriate.  Furthermore, the tone and quality of other appeals (see Seaman, WIR) has been so poor that I have dismissed these without serious consideration.

On all counts, this is not what I want the process to be like, and things will change, one way or another.  Here are some of my ideas for possible solutions:

• Ban offending members from the appeals forum (or the RSHL forums in general)
  • Re-restrict the appeals process to players/captains with an active appeal
  • Re-restrict appeals to a defined format as it was with previous ACs

Alternatively, you guys could start taking the process more seriously, and keep your flaming to the Fire on Ice Forum.  It's your choice -- mostly.

Best,
Slart
"Imagine giving an ADHD kid one of those giant pixie sticks with a Red Bull and just sitting back and observing. Next thing you know it looks like a tornado went through your house, your kitchen is on fire, and your cat is scared of all humans from that day forward and you don't know why."

Arnk Kilo Dylie

• Balancing Act
  • Executor
  • Out of Control
  • There's some intention behind the placement.
Re: Keep it civil and on topic in this forum
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 02:24:41 PM »

Protip: This still applies. If you are adding nothing relevant or extra to the appeal your post will be removed, you will probably be warned (oh yeah you're scared!) So just consider not posting if you're not sure.

P.S. this is also not the place to discuss the rules or policies...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:37:48 AM by Arnk Kilo Dylie »

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 18 queries.