Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Team Forums: If you need a RSHL, MSHL, or RSFL team forum, forum PM Kilo Dylie with the name of your team, and who will moderate the board.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: smart phone  (Read 5792 times)

pooter89

• Peter on a scooter...89
  • Registered Posting Whore
smart phone
« on: August 17, 2013, 08:13:24 PM »

Am poised to buy my first smart phone now that I can afford one. I've been comparing coverages/plans/deals and it's a little overwhelming. I'm really technologically illiterate when it comes to phones, as you might've guessed, any help would be appreciated. I'd like to keep my monthly bill at 60$ or under and get unlimited texting, at least 2G data (what's a good amount of data to have per month?), and up to 500 minutes -- i don't travel much either. I'm willing to drop some more srs dough on the phone. Are there any good plans out there, prepaid or otherwise, that you have found works very well? Also, if I went into best buy to talk smartphone with someone, what does 4G LTE mean, lol, and what features should I focus on? tytyty

courtesy of zeeeeeeeeee

BluckaBlucka

• Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
Re: smart phone
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »

apple is releasing iphone 5c suppose to be around $100 on sept 10th
if you live in canada WIND mobile the best for PLANS

pretty sure from best to worst

galaxy - iphone - andorids - blackberry
maybe throw windows phones in there somewhere i dunno
i don't care much for phones i just use them for text/calls/internet/games when bored

hopefully some f this helps

ps LTE = Long Term Evolution
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:44:27 AM by BluckaBlucka »
Hey, I am the greatest; hey, this is the proof
Hey, I work hard, pray hard, pay dues, hey
I transform with pressure; I'm hands-on with effort
I fell twice before; my bounce back was special
Letdowns will get you, and the critics will test you
But the strong will survive; another scar may bless you

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 12:03:46 PM »

iPhone best phone i've ever used. Windows phones are the worst on the market. Everything else is pretty decent although Im not a fan of android cuz its not very intuitive
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

DK

• SO IT GOES...
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
  • bff
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 12:30:07 PM »

i don't care much for phones i just use them for text/calls/internet/games when bored

is that all? I wakeboard on top of my cell phone

shlazzer

• MR JACK MEMORIAL MINI LEAGUE CHAMPION
    • OMG MY DJ SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »

iPhone best phone i've ever used. Windows phones are the worst on the market. Everything else is pretty decent although Im not a fan of android cuz its not very intuitive

typical iphone user post

android is the most intuitive operating system for a smart phone currently on the market

Dr. Janky

• xyst Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 02:58:22 PM »

i currently own an iphone 5 because the apps i wanted were not available for windows/android.  ive always owned android phones up until now.

after using the iphone now for about 6 months or so, i will say i like the availability of apps, but i hate the phone itself.  people say iphone is intuitive, but thats only because iOS doesnt allow you to do anything with your phone.  there is 0 options for customization.  they give you 1 button to do everything with.  finding menus within apps is extremely counterintuitive.  you cant even choose which icons you want to show on your desktop (ie newsstand app not being able to go into a folder.  the phone is way overpriced/overrated for the specs it has.

in summation, if i could get the apps i want on any other platform i would not be using an iphone.

WhiteIrishRebel

• white
  • Out of Control
  • 5th Highest OVERNESS in HZ
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 05:11:32 PM »

There is a trick to get that dumbass Newstand app that no one ever uses in to a folder and off of the desktop. Just google it. It is pretty fucking retarded that you have to trick certain apps off of your desktop on the iphone though. I also hate all the preinstalled apps that you can't delete and just wind up in a folder I never ever open entitled 'POOP'.

Anyways, I will be getting a new phone in october when my contract runs out and I'll prob be making a thread about this then as well. Right now I'm leaning towards whatever the latest Samsung Galaxy is at the the time but I don't really know anything about any phones other than I'm not all that impressed with iPhone capabilities but the 5 is so much lighter than the 4 it is pretty crazy.

pooter89

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »

is it true that verizon is best network in america?

courtesy of zeeeeeeeeee

Daresay

• And wtf, so your saying if your in school, and a senior talks shit, your just supposed to take it like your a pussy? I doubt thats going to happen you fucking retard.
  • u just can't do that
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 07:10:59 PM »

i have the lumia 928

hardware is nice and camera is great.  windows phone 8 is a nice-looking OS with nice built-in features (like having soundhound-type functionality built into the phone instead of having to download a separate app for it).  there is definitely a lack of apps for it, but i have never been a huge app person so it's not really a big deal to me.  the only apps i use that didnt come with it are chase bank, skype, and gchat.

i work for a software company and deal with android/ios devices all week, so i wanted to try something different.
And wtf, so your saying if your in school, and a senior talks shit, your just supposed to take it like your a pussy? I doubt thats going to happen you fucking retard.

WhiteIrishRebel

• white
  • Out of Control
  • 5th Highest OVERNESS in HZ
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 07:29:42 PM »

is it true that verizon is best network in america?

yes (in my experiences / travels). Until 2011 I had never experienced a drop call. Reason for why I experienced my first dropped call: in 2011 i had to get an AT&T phone..

zero seven

• RSFL Captain
  • :D
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 09:15:37 PM »

VZW. Best network for voice and signal but the data is awful. Despite 4-5 bars on Verizon the mobile data consistently sucks.

I dropped a million calls with AT&T but had better coverage in non city areas (lake Tahoe) and much better data speeds.
it's not as if i am the only person on my team with my brain.

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 10:25:35 PM »

I've got an iphone and a blackberry, and I've been a long time user of both. For apps and entertainment, the iphone can't be beat. The blackberry app store is a joke, and you will not be able to find most or any of the games your iphone friends are playing. The blackberry (especially with the new OS) is insanely responsive and quick, very customizeable (work + personal modes, blackberry hub, etc) and the Q10 (the one I have) has probably the best keyboard I've ever used on a phone. Tossup. I like having both. If work hadn't given me a Q10 for free I probably would have never discovered how great the new BB OS is.

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 11:08:47 PM »

I've being using Lumias and love these phones. Nokia makes great phones and it seems like WP8 is finally quite good with yesterday's Amber release. I can now do everything with my phone that I need and the only app that I recognize as missing is instagram.

the camera is amazing and Nokia has a ton of free apps like GPS music and such exclusive to lumias that are amazing. The os itself is nice to use and look at too.

Going to upgrade to the 1000 series phone with 41mp camera whenever released for T-Mobile.

ya I use T-Mobile which I like but def see a diff between this and Verizon in terms of coverage but they are getting better and better due to picking up a lot of spectrum and money from the at&t attempted merger that fell through

Rinnegan

• : D
  • HZ Media
  • : D
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 09:17:43 AM »

If you want a simple shallow OS just go for iphone .

If you wanna be able to do more and have a bigger learning curve for your phone get the Galaxy SIV or HTC One. Both are leading android phones on the market right now.
bobbarker such an asshole, here we are trying to console linix over the death of his real pet, and you bring up mother fucking cats of all things

who cares if your cats die they're cats, i didnt cry when my pet fish

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »

people keep complaining about the simplicity of iOS I fail to see how this is a drawback can someone explain plz?

Sure I guess if it makes u feel like u have a bigger penis to 'customize' your phone and make it able to do 20 billion things that you will probably rarely utilize I can see how it would be a problem.

shlazzer

• OMG MY DJ SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 10:35:27 AM »

ya like "remove the battery" or "add more SD memory" or "drag and drop files onto my internal storage"

not to mention you need to go back to apple to pay $83249723 for a charger/dock/repair

OR how about how retarded it is spending hundreds of thousands of $ in R&D to improve the resolution of a screen that is already at the extent of what the human eye can interpret

this contest is over simply based on the fact that, on android, i can replace any function's app with a different app that I like better. calendar, email, texting, phone, home screen, launcher, everything.

but i suppose apple has already been telling you about how to use apps made by other people for a while now

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 10:40:26 AM »

first, if you have a problem with your phone apple replaces it for free
second, why would you ever need more than 16 or 32 gb of storage on your PHONE? They have these things called tablets and laptops for that
third, I've been convinced you are a retard with technology since your argument against mac os was that it doesnt display the date and other insignificant cosmetic information how you wanted it like you can't change that shit in the preferences in under 15 seconds. Oh that's assuming you're not a retard, I can see why you would have a problem

p.s. there are like 10 billion jillion apps that you can use to basically do whatever you want on the iPhone so im not sure what you're talking about limited app functionality. If you don't like a default app there are any number of apps that you can use instead for your 'functionality' from the app store.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:43:13 AM by Thrill HZ »

pooter89

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 10:51:58 AM »

does it matter if If I get a 3g or 4g enabled phone?

and outside of an iphone, how do you get rid of the bloatware/unnecessary apps that come preloaded on the phone?

I find myself leaning towards android phones -- they have these weird names for their OS, which is a good one?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:54:17 AM by pooter89 »

courtesy of zeeeeeeeeee

shlazzer

• OMG MY DJ SOUNDCLOUD
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 10:55:32 AM »

youre referencing 1 item out of a massive list that is comprised of much more than 'insignificant cosmetic things'

the fact that you have to go in to system preferences and change something from 'fucking stupid' to 'the way it should be' is retarded

you fail to mention 'apple care' which costs an arm and leg in order to get the 'free replacement'

people with large amounts of music need large amounts of storage. sorry if we're not all apple fan boys willing to spend ~$4k on apple devices to have everything sync up with our $4k apple media center so we dont ever have to actually store anything locally

tl;dr iphone is not worth the extra $, android does everything you want and more, better.

ALTHOUGH if youre feeling adventurous, you could wait until canonical releases the ubuntu phone. (probably gonna be shet though)

pooter it is superduper easy. you just need to root your phone, and then the world will open up to you!

once rooted you can:

debloat/de odex to remove factory bullshit
or
install a fresh ass ROM that doesnt have any of that nonsense installed

ROM recommendation is based on device you choose, however PACMan ROM is super nice, and has a wide range of devices

bobbarkercantdie

• Game Show Host Extraordinaire
  • Donator
  • Out of Control
  • 6-24-10, never forget.
    • Made this like 9 years ago.
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 11:23:06 AM »

havent read thread, but long story short if you want a simple to use, pick up and pretty much know how to use it already experience, go with the iphone

if you're a little more tech-savvy, android is extremely customizable and is equally good

also with android you dont have to use itunes, worst software i've ever seen in my life
Yah me too except opposite. I was 16. In the end the maturity difference became a bit of a problem so we broke up. He was hot as fuck tho.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 18 queries.