Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Slap delay still too slow  (Read 1475 times)

Cwolf

• BEND THE KNEE
  • Common Poster
Slap delay still too slow
« on: January 14, 2014, 01:17:52 AM »

If I understand correctly, we lowered the slap delay from .5 seconds to .25 seconds. In my opinion this has had no meaningful impact on the game. While the .5 second delay was absurdly impractical in nearly every situation, the .25 second delay is still not a viable option, except in a few special situations. As a result we have only seen a marginal increase in the number of slapshots. With the regular (non slapshot) puck speed still so painfully slow, teams are still forced to keep passes at 2 inches or less. We can make meaty 6-8 inch passes a reality by cutting the slap delay significantly. I would try .05 seconds.

WhiteIrishRebel

• white
  • Out of Control
  • 5th Highest OVERNESS in HZ
Re: Slap delay still too slow
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 01:41:49 AM »

I've only played 30 mins but I like the old delay better. I can't slapshot drop pass now or slapshot facing middle then turn and hit top / bottom corner (or things of that nature).

Goldeye

• Local Moderator
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 02:02:29 AM »

WIR would you really rather have two gimmicky plays or the ability to make useful passes at a distance?

I agree with Wolf's analysis to some extent.  I think that the current slap is already useful, so a large decrease will make it very powerful. 
I've lowered it to 0.15 for now.  I actually hope that will be a little too low so we can easily find a happy medium between 0.15-0.25.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Cwolf

• BEND THE KNEE
  • Common Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 02:08:55 PM »

nice! trial and error is definitely the way to go here

WhiteIrishRebel

• white
  • Out of Control
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 01:11:20 AM »

WIR would you really rather have two gimmicky plays or the ability to make useful passes at a distance?

Old slap shot accomplished all of this imo..

SuperDan

• RSHL Captain
  • Registered Posting Whore
  • freezeem.ytmnd.com
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 02:23:28 AM »

Old slap is def better than the new slap, ask Viop.. I know the newer slap is moreso for passing but to be honest, no slap was always still better than when we first introduced slapshot for passing lol... but thats coming from someone who played weasel so meh lol

WhiteIrishRebel

• white
  • Out of Control
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 02:39:30 AM »

ya since slapshot came out i would say there is only about 4% of the player base that should be allowed to use it (especially for passes)

P.S. I do like [old] slapshot though and probably scored close to half of my goals using it but should def not be for everyone

/elitist

Cereal n Milk

• HZ Media
  • Common Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 03:40:12 AM »

old slapshot rotation shot combined with new shark would be absolute hell though

Goldeye

• Local Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 08:53:47 PM »

Rotating slapshot is a gimmick that's inconsistent with what we seem to consider good plays and really disturbs the balance of slapshot. 

I've noticed that with the slapshot time now low enough to make the slap pass meaningful, the biggest factor in whether it is effective is whether I have the energy to use it. 
Also noticed that getting the slapshot release under 0.2 seems to make them overpowered.

Previously, slaps were broken into 3 'classes', weasel has a great slap in all aspects while warbird has a bad one.  I'm going to try a new system, where it's less about some slaps being better or worse but more about being specialized for passing or shooting by varying the cost and release times

Here is how I am ranking the ships (1 is the best).
Warbird
Javelin
Spider
Leviathan
Terrier
Weasel
BombEnergy
ReleaseTime

The general idea is that 1/3/5 get more of a passing slap and 2/4/6 get one more effective for shooting.
I'm open to hear reasons to change that balance though.
We can also tweak slap shot powers to improve things, but that'll be the next step.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Goldeye

• Local Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 05:34:37 AM »

Some of this is gonna be pretty OP.  Maybe just warbird. 

Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 19 queries.