Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Goalie Rebound  (Read 633 times)

NCVinyl

• Registered Posting Whore
  • The Original LAdyboy: MCVinyl
Goalie Rebound
« on: June 23, 2015, 04:54:08 PM »

Has this idea been brought up before? Goalie rebounding etc.

Could use same method as line goalie except the percentage a rebound will happen is determined by the velocity of the puck. ie If i slapshot in your face, it's not likely you will catch it, but it will bounce off you. But a fade will be easier to catch etc.

Goldeye

• Local Moderator
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
Re: Goalie Rebound
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 04:54:56 PM »

Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
Re: Goalie Rebound
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 05:11:32 PM »

it was bad the first time, it was bad the time goldeye tested it, and it will be bad again in the future

fundamentally, any way you do it, the problem is that punishing the goalie for making the right play is a broken concept. The goalie is the last line of defense in this game. A goalie mistake is 5x more costly than a mistake by anybody else on the team.

Goalie isn't fun because there is ton of downtime and then when you are called upon it's stressful and already heavily influenced by randomness in the play (clusterfucks, tanks, phase passes that lead to clean attacks, etc). Being put in a situation where making the wrong play results in a goal against and making the right play results in a free attack for the offense is a shitty choice. Something like this just bails the offense out of bad situations and encourages more goalies to quit the game when they realize how little fun they are having.

I went into more detail in the last topic about gameplay-wise why it doesn't really change that much unless you make it super OP but it was slightly different than what you are proposing. Still don't think it's good tho.
have you won your blackie yet?
Lanc Energy:

Shark Energy:

Nerf the prox, Buff accel or make afterburner high risk/high reward, give lanc a slapshot or increase it's shotpwer, fix nrg.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.