Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Team Forums: If you need a RSHL, MSHL, or RSFL team forum, forum PM Kilo Dylie with the name of your team, and who will moderate the board.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: It's time  (Read 2408 times)

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
It's time
« on: July 03, 2015, 09:24:15 PM »

Now is the time to bring football league back. With the surge of new players, FB could be a great draw. No?!

Get news out there that we're starting up season 9 and gets these new players in league to get em hooked!

lilwade

• New Car
Re: It's time
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 09:45:27 PM »

Im in

idkidc1233

• Empire's #1 mascot/ROTY Season 52
  • Zep gets 3 pers
  • Common Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 10:01:52 PM »

Yeah we better get football going, otherwise we will be lying to the new players about it being Hockey/Football Zone

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 12:41:39 AM »

I don't disagree completely but we need to not stretch ourselves too thin here. Lets just focus on getting people in the zone on a more regular basis first and that means focusing hockey for now and bringing in football once pubs are filled up on the reg
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

NCVinyl

• Registered Posting Whore
  • The Original LAdyboy: MCVinyl
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 04:27:22 PM »

I don't disagree completely but we need to not stretch ourselves too thin here. Lets just focus on getting people in the zone on a more regular basis first and that means focusing hockey for now and bringing in football once pubs are filled up on the reg

What about the people who come here exclusively interested in football?

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 11:22:23 PM »

this is the wrong zone for them

NCVinyl

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 12:41:16 AM »

I think someone mentioned the zone is listed as hockey/football zone. Shouldn't take more than a second to comprehend. Take your time tho thrill. No rush.

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:34:46 AM »

Yeah we should probably fix that since it definitely isn't the case though. Football is 100% secondary in this zone and always has been I'm not sure why you are even trying to argue this. Also stop talking like a cunt. Why would you even want to risk spreading the zone thin when we are just now starting to get people on regularly again? Maybe if there is a surplus of like 30-50+ people who are coming in just to play football but im not sure why you would want to risk the rejuvenation of the zone for a maximum of like maybe 3-4 people who might come exclusively to play football with a 'fuck hockey' attitude. I played plenty of football so i'm not sure why you acting like im like FUCK YOUR FOOTBALL. I never even had an attitude about it. Just stating that it's as bad idea to try to bring something back when the foundation of the zone (which is hockey zone, don't even argue) still isn't very stable yet. So yeah again, stop it with the cunt.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:38:39 AM by Thrill HZ »

NCVinyl

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 12:50:30 PM »

Yeah we should probably fix that since it definitely isn't the case though. Football is 100% secondary in this zone and always has been I'm not sure why you are even trying to argue this. Also stop talking like a cunt. Why would you even want to risk spreading the zone thin when we are just now starting to get people on regularly again? Maybe if there is a surplus of like 30-50+ people who are coming in just to play football but im not sure why you would want to risk the rejuvenation of the zone for a maximum of like maybe 3-4 people who might come exclusively to play football with a 'fuck hockey' attitude. I played plenty of football so i'm not sure why you acting like im like FUCK YOUR FOOTBALL. I never even had an attitude about it. Just stating that it's as bad idea to try to bring something back when the foundation of the zone (which is hockey zone, don't even argue) still isn't very stable yet. So yeah again, stop it with the cunt.

Are you ok? I can't tell if you're yelling at me or not.

Pretty sure there is a general consensus for those who resort to name calling. I'll refrain from explaining it in the hopes you will vs google education and come back with actual meaningful opinions in the future. Keep in mind I'm not arguing for football. Just agreeing with the facts that the zone is listed as football (you can't argue that). I could care less if we have another fball season where I get to show how much better I am at qb than you. The last thing we need is something to keep your ego in check. It's certainly more entertaining this way.

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »

What about the people who come here exclusively interested in football?
I think someone mentioned the zone is listed as hockey/football zone. Shouldn't take more than a second to comprehend. Take your time tho thrill. No rush.

This is the sequence of events that just occurred. Let's go through it.

-My response to the original thread bringing up legitimate concerns that trying to get a bunch of football going might risk the stability of the zone since we don't have enough players and activity to support it
-your post about people coming here exclusively for football
-matter of fact reply saying that this isn't the right zone for them (which is true since even in its hay day football was the off season of Hockey Zone). Just a one sentence remark saying that the zone isn't really a good place for these players if they are looking to play football exclusively because they are not going to find that here. Nothing insulting or derogatory in any of the posts I made.
-Your cunty ass condescending reply insulting me for no reason

Also just as a side note pretending that you are better than me at football is just delusional. QB isn't even my primary position and I still have had more success in the position than you have. Where are your playoff MVPs? I don't know why we are even having this conversation. I've never really tried to insult you personally or go after you at all because I've always liked you but you're trying to make this difficult for me for some reason.

NCVinyl

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 02:55:42 PM »

This is the sequence of events that just occurred. Let's go through it.

-My response to the original thread bringing up legitimate concerns that trying to get a bunch of football going might risk the stability of the zone since we don't have enough players and activity to support it
-your post about people coming here exclusively for football
-matter of fact reply saying that this isn't the right zone for them (which is true since even in its hay day football was the off season of Hockey Zone). Just a one sentence remark saying that the zone isn't really a good place for these players if they are looking to play football exclusively because they are not going to find that here. Nothing insulting or derogatory in any of the posts I made.
-Your cunty ass condescending reply insulting me for no reason

Also just as a side note pretending that you are better than me at football is just delusional. QB isn't even my primary position and I still have had more success in the position than you have. Where are your playoff MVPs? I don't know why we are even having this conversation. I've never really tried to insult you personally or go after you at all because I've always liked you but you're trying to make this difficult for me for some reason.

All we were saying is that there is a chance people will look at the zone name and come here wanting to play football. esp with the nfl season starting up soon. there is a surge of people wanting all things football. If you insist on turning them away because this zone isn't what it's labeled as, it might be best to change the label, or at least live up to it. The more people the better.

The only reason you got a 'cunty' response was because your answer to my question about people interested in football was: this is the wrong zone for them. When it has the label football, how can it be the wrong zone for them? What do you get when you go to the death star battle zone? It sure as hell isn't the earth-romulan war...

Also a side note to your side note: That was my first year playing QB and my second year ever. It's not very delusional when you have significant stats that back up your claim. Not trying to be mean...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:02:17 PM by NCVinyl »

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 03:25:22 PM »

So you're saying its dumb to say the zone isnt the right place for people who exclusively want to play football is included in the zone name? How can you even disagree that football is just a side attraction in the zone? Therefore to say the zone is not the place for people who want to play football exclusively is not dumb at all. It seems like you are taking it as 'Fuck these guys who want to play football get the fuck out' when it is really just 'There is no realistic way they are going to get what they want if that is what they are after'.

Also your stats don't back up your claim of being a better QB than me, im trying to find these significant stats that you are talking about. I just looked them up out of curiosity and our stats are practically even for the last season that was played except that I threw a few more ints because I throw high risk passes (Brett Favre ne1). You know I just came off of carrying a team to the cup the previous season as QB right? I'm not saying you're bad at QB or even that Im a lot better than you (as I said QB isn't even my primary position, I basically picked it up out of boredom because RB is not even a challenge) but these claims you are making definitely don't have a statistical basis. You said it yourself, you haven't played many football seasons so to make claims that you are much better than someone who is probably hall of fame status is pretty silly.

NCVinyl

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 03:50:12 PM »

So you're saying its dumb to say the zone isnt the right place for people who exclusively want to play football is included in the zone name? How can you even disagree that football is just a side attraction in the zone? Therefore to say the zone is not the place for people who want to play football exclusively is not dumb at all. It seems like you are taking it as 'Fuck these guys who want to play football get the fuck out' when it is really just 'There is no realistic way they are going to get what they want if that is what they are after'.

Also your stats don't back up your claim of being a better QB than me, im trying to find these significant stats that you are talking about. I just looked them up out of curiosity and our stats are practically even for the last season that was played except that I threw a few more ints because I throw high risk passes (Brett Favre ne1). You know I just came off of carrying a team to the cup the previous season as QB right? I'm not saying you're bad at QB or even that Im a lot better than you (as I said QB isn't even my primary position, I basically picked it up out of boredom because RB is not even a challenge) but these claims you are making definitely don't have a statistical basis. You said it yourself, you haven't played many football seasons so to make claims that you are much better than someone who is probably hall of fame status is pretty silly.

I never once disagreed with you that football is secondary to hockey. I'm just agreeing with the others that maybe we shouldn't broadcast it that these two leagues are equal and each harness the same amount of attention. If this is a problem, which I don't think it is, two solutions are given. 1. have a football league. 2. no longer have football leagues and remove the tag football. It's not rocket science. But you know what is rocket science? QBR.

Not sure if Favre ever had a season with under 60 QBR. But dont quote me on that. Here are the stats that I was making my claim with:

THRILL 32% completion percent. 53 QBR 19 td 16 int 1172 yards
MERETRIX 47% completion percent 95 QBR 21 td 7 int 1196 yards

do we wanna talk about the defensive side of the ball?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 03:55:30 PM by NCVinyl »

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 04:21:20 PM »

Like I said those stats are pretty comparable i'm not sure where this claim of being significantly better is coming from.

I just looked at defense I'm not sure how you think your stats are so much better there either. My stats are beast on defense what the fuck are you talking about? Oh look you have some more tackles and knockdowns because you played spider instead of Levi. And I have significantly more stops and sacks because I'm levi and not spider. All of this even though teams specifically avoid running it to my side because of my reputation. You probably shouldnt even compare different positions but if you're going to you can't even say that your performance is better. I'm pretty much known as a legend linebacker, probably far more so than for my offensive side of the ball. I'm not talking about my personal opinion im talking about the entire football community through all seasons. I'm not sure how you can try to come at me on the defense. You should probably just drop this.

NCVinyl

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 04:54:31 PM »

Like I said those stats are pretty comparable i'm not sure where this claim of being significantly better is coming from.

I just looked at defense I'm not sure how you think your stats are so much better there either. My stats are beast on defense what the fuck are you talking about? Oh look you have some more tackles and knockdowns because you played spider instead of Levi. And I have significantly more stops and sacks because I'm levi and not spider. All of this even though teams specifically avoid running it to my side because of my reputation. You probably shouldnt even compare different positions but if you're going to you can't even say that your performance is better. I'm pretty much known as a legend linebacker, probably far more so than for my offensive side of the ball. I'm not talking about my personal opinion im talking about the entire football community through all seasons. I'm not sure how you can try to come at me on the defense. You should probably just drop this.

Maybe you are a legend...

I'm no math wizard but I'm pretty sure I had a far better statistical season than you did. On both sides of the ball. ~40 QBR is pretty big.

I mention talking about defense because I thought we were closer in stats there. But actually looking at it. Including the playoffs, I outplayed you. Again, I will provide you with stats to help my case:

THRILL tackles 45, stops 27, sacks 16, kds 0, ints 1, bups 0
MERE tackles 71, stops 16, sacks 3, kds 14, ints 12, bups 8

If you are insisting I ask the rsfl community. Maybe I will redirect you to:

http://www.rshl.org/rz/index.php?c=ballotview&LS=97&B=30

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 05:05:06 PM »

Once again the stats you are providing don't even show that you are better. You played corner-back so you are naturally going to have a lot more tackles, and of course you are going to have more knockdowns ints and breakups because you are playing cornerback and I am playing the run/pressuring QB as an outside linebacker. I don't even understand. Is this for real? Are you really trying to say your stats are better? I have 11 more stops and 13 more sacks than you. That is a HUGE statistical difference, yet it  actuality it means little since you are playing cornerback and therefore have less opportunities than I do to sack and get stops. I have virtually no knockdowns or breakups because I am not falling into pass coverage the majority of the time. Do you not get how this comparison doesn't work? Both of those stat lines are good for their respective positions.

And you should know better than to reference an award ballot when I'm included im the conversation.

To top it all off you're comparing the stats of a single season and acting like it undeniably proves you are a better football player, even though the numbers you presented don't even point to that any way. I'm not sure why we are even having this argument but like I said you should probably just drop it, it is pointless.

CMdros

• Common Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 05:44:21 PM »

Im better than all of you pieces of cunts shit losers.

NCVinyl

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 06:51:25 PM »

Once again the stats you are providing don't even show that you are better. You played corner-back so you are naturally going to have a lot more tackles, and of course you are going to have more knockdowns ints and breakups because you are playing cornerback and I am playing the run/pressuring QB as an outside linebacker. I don't even understand. Is this for real? Are you really trying to say your stats are better? I have 11 more stops and 13 more sacks than you. That is a HUGE statistical difference, yet it  actuality it means little since you are playing cornerback and therefore have less opportunities than I do to sack and get stops. I have virtually no knockdowns or breakups because I am not falling into pass coverage the majority of the time. Do you not get how this comparison doesn't work? Both of those stat lines are good for their respective positions.

And you should know better than to reference an award ballot when I'm included im the conversation.

To top it all off you're comparing the stats of a single season and acting like it undeniably proves you are a better football player, even though the numbers you presented don't even point to that any way. I'm not sure why we are even having this argument but like I said you should probably just drop it, it is pointless.

The NFL top 100 is no different than what we are comparing here. In your  position you were not even top 3 lb that year. Hutt vio and zanaz were better than you. It's not comparing single stat to single stat, it's comparing your influence and dominance in your respective position. Maybe looking at it this way will help:

By ship ranks:
Mere tackles 1st, stops 1st, sacks 1st, kd 5th, ints t-1st, bups 2nd

Thrill tackles 6th, stops 6th, sacks 2nd, kd 50th, int 25th, bup 50th.

The argument that I should have more tackles cuz I'm cb is dumb too. Lb,lb,cb,cb,lb,DL,lb,DL. That is practically the order of people who led season in tackles.

How can you badger David seaman about his stats and why he should play defense but when the tide is turned, you make up excuses. We are just going to have to agree to disagree here. At least we can both agree about kor.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:18:39 PM by NCVinyl »

African panda

• RSHL Referee
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • J-Walking> bsk is no fun in any aspect
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 07:05:47 PM »

Finaly someone else is arguing whose better with thrill in football, I got tired of doing it.
Bopmen2> if bsk wins blackie, I would probably give AP the credit
KoR> panda cares way too much about this game, if he could choke out a baby for an extra period i think he would
Hazecloud> bsk are literally the biggest group of faggots to ever assemble in e sports

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 07:41:12 PM »

Violence was on the same team as me and had beast numbers in that season (50 tackles, 33 stops). Every time he is getting those stops and tackles that is taking away stops and tackles that I potentially could have gotten. Meaning in this case since you have Two great line backers vying for tackles and stops every play only one of us is going to be getting them every play. In that way having multiple stars on your team detracts from your ability to have super amazing stat lines, whereas if you are the sole star on your team you will have ridiculous stat lines because you are going to be the one making the play most of the time.

Here are some numbers for you mere since you want to push this.

Defensive Stats for Season 7
                                                                                        tk    stops  sacks ints
Individual RSFL season 7 totals: 199.2   1.44   45:15   138:01   68   50   19   2   1   0

all season totals for comparison: http://rshl.org/ci/index.php?c=statsview&LS=86&c=statsview&suf=defense&col=DefenseRating&desc=1&a=0
                                                           tk   stops  sacks
Your numbers: 91.4   1.21   27:44   75:44     27    22    13   1   1   0

You had a lot less play time obviously but even if you doubled your numbers my season was still better. Which isn't even a bad thing, I had an absolutely beast season that year. I lead the league in tackles and Stops and in sacks I was only 2 behind leader in sacks (a shark obviously). In stops I was 13 above #2 in the league (Hutt). Your numbers are just in here as an aside, it doesn't have much relevance to the main point. But the side point is that you will find differences like this if you're using one season as a guide for overall player performance. Saying you are better than me because you had better stats last season when the previous season I had the best stats in the entire league is silly.

Season 7 playoff numbers: http://rshl.org/ci/index.php?c=statsview&LS=90&c=statsview&suf=defense&col=STOP&desc=1&a=0&pub=0

Once again I was a complete beast on the stat line in the playoffs, and easily the best stats in the entire league.

Most recent winter league: http://rshl.org/ci/index.php?c=statsview&LS=82&suf=defense&col=STOP&desc=1&a=0&pub=0&

Completely blew the stat line out of the water and had the best numbers by a large margin

What is the whole point here? Obviously my season 8 numbers fell off some compared to the above lists. Not even that bad though, not like being 6th tackles and stops and second in sacks are not good numbers because they are. Its just not best in the league like before. so what's the deal? The explanations are simple

-After completely dominating the run in every football event in recent memory teams began to intentionally avoid running to my side. This explains why my tackles and stops numbers were lower than usual but I was still among the league leaders in sacks. As a side note this is also an explanation for Violence having a better season than usual. He was able to take advantage of teams trying to avoid my sphere of influence and completely mop up in the center and opposite side. I'd also like to mention that is is pretty impressive to still have reasonable stats when teams are specifically going out of their way to avoid you

-Already stated this before, but there was another top linebacker on my team who had an amazing stat line which in turn makes it that much harder to be at the very top of the table.

-There are stat fluctuations from season to season and it doesn't necessarily reflect on skill level. For instance, say there is a player everyone considers to be the most skilled running back in the NFL. If he leads the league in yards one season and then ends up being 5th or 6th the next season, that doesn't mean he isn't a top player any more. There are variances in stat lines that occur season after season due to different circumstances each season. Being one of the most skilled players doesn't always indicate you will have the best stat line every year, only that you are capable of putting up those kinds of numbers if events unfold in a way that make it possible for that to happen. If Messi didn't top his leagues goal table in every single season do you think people would start saying that players who scored more in one or two seasons were better?

As a final point I'd like to say that your david seaman comment is ridiculous. You're talking about the tide being turned and making excuses like I had these terrible stats and performances that would even be comparable to David Seaman. Looking at it from the WORST angle my stats were a good solid season turned in when people would have expected me to have a great season instead. When we're talking about David Seaman we're talking about universally low tier stats, and in my case we are talking about good stats but not best in the league stats. I'd like an immediate apology for that comparison :P

Final thoughts: I had the best defensive stats in the entire league for like 2 years so your stats argument is over reaching.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 18 queries.