Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Top 5 Players in RSFL History  (Read 6964 times)

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
Re: Top 5 Players in RSFL History
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2015, 03:38:20 PM »

U both are Donald Trump voting fgts that shouldn't be in charge of anything imo.

I hate him. I forget why I put him as an avatar, musta been making some you're fired joke.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

NCVinyl

• Registered Posting Whore
  • The Original LAdyboy: MCVinyl
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 04:05:21 PM »

I hate him. I forget why I put him as an avatar, musta been making some you're fired joke.

then i take back what i said.
thrill you a donald trump voting fgt

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2015, 04:09:22 PM »

that must have been a season I didn't play I dont remember u being a QB at all
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

Blessings_of_Sins

• RSHL Referee
  • Common Poster
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2015, 03:32:19 AM »

I think the RB is probably the "skill" position that relies the most on your teammates.  I've been fortunate enough to always play with all star blockers like Hutt, B()()bies, Temperal, and Deci.  Obviously, a good RB will make their blockers look good, and vice versa.

Another aspect is the threat of the passing game.  If your team have no passing threat, then it is easier for the defense to dedicate everything to stopping the run.  Also, having a QB who can shot call and manage the game is important too, as it keeps the defense honest and guessing.

I also think there are a lot of things that don't show up on stats.  For example, how much time do you buy for your QB and WRs when you do fakes, how much are the defenders respecting the run and staying back instead of blitzing, how often do you shield/block for your QB, how much of a threat are you to catch a pass, etc.  Then, there are more advanced stats we are missing like number of runs over 10/20/X yards.  I'd also like to see more stats that indicate the impact of the RB on the entire offence, such as does the team have higher pass completion and more gains in the air if that RB is in the game, etc.

I am surprised and a bit honored that Zayb and BM2 would give me a shoutout since I barely played due to lag or time issues and I was always willing to fill in.

I think my only claim to RSFL achievement would be the undefeated season 5 on BIG...and how i had probably the most efficient RB season.

S5
929 RBY; 90 Runs; 10.32 RBY/Run
10 TDR; 9 Runs/TDR
5.07 ORPM; 121.88 OE

As for most accomplished RB, it is easily AP as he has played the most and consistently done well (...think Linix of RBs).
Vflex, Scuzzy and Sugarbabe were probably the best RBs in the lag era of RSFL (S1-3).
Antsy deserves a lot of credit for showing that a jav could be used effectively as a TE and was the only TE in the game...no other teams ran jav passes...although that is also a testament to Broncs passing abilities.  The combination of Antsy and Broncs was probably the best redzone duo ever as they can throw or run it in, and thus had options like no one else.
Violence was the first player I remember that played a whole season as a Warbird RB...and did ridiculously good.  I don't know if that is a testament of his skills, or how much stronger WBs were than Javs, or most likely a combination of both.
Thrill always somehow puts up stats.  When I think of Thrill's RSFL career, nothing really memorable comes up but the fact that he puts up numbers and figures out what works and keeps making it work...which is a talent in itself.

Also, I think the most underrated players is Zayb.  He could play multiple positions at an all star level, and yet seemingly receives so little credit for all his work.  Sting would be a close second for underrated and is in my opinion the most reliable player.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:42:17 AM by Blessings_of_Sins »

RSFL Season 1 : X-Factor
MSHL Season 4 : Baby Seal Killers
2008 Mini Tournament : Barker's Beauties
TWHT Season 2: R&P
RSFL Season 5 : BIG
RSHL Season 24: Salty Puckers

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2015, 08:49:55 AM »

Sugarbabe was awful. Best example of a player who got some good early stats due to lag and then after getting his connection fixed did terrible. Also blame x-factor captains for x-factor not winning season 2 because they played sugarbabe over me in playoff games for some reason even though she was clearly awful because she had fixed her connection by then. X-factor should have easily won that season with the blockers on that team.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

Zayb

• Royal Road Runners
  • Making a Name
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2015, 10:17:40 AM »

Also, I think the most underrated players is Zayb.  He could play multiple positions at an all star level, and yet seemingly receives so little credit for all his work.
Thanks BoS :)

Batman

• Making a Name
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2015, 01:49:18 PM »

XF should have won s7 also, thank God they didn't tho. Probably had something to do with goldeye being contagiously bad

hutt

• RSFL Referee
  • Making a Name
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »

Yeah ling ling and zayb were definitely the most reliable utility players I've played with (Very rarely had an off game). I just showed more often and had more playtime tbh, so many off days. I think I had the most rb to ol chemistry with you for sure though bos <3. I think we both had that perfect just in the limit lag so we moved in sync : P.
"I have no opinion,No, none at all. Opinion is politics, and politics is an evil which has caused many a young fellow to be hung while he's still young and pretty."

VFleX

• BEND THE KNEE
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • Sorry VFleX, you are banned from posting or sendi
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2015, 08:35:57 PM »

You fgts need to respect the history of the game.

Look up the season 3 playoff numbers and get back to me.

Or look up deez numbers.

S2 on 2-10 shitty Untouchables team:
650 WRY - 3rd best in the league.
5 TDR - 4th best in the league
72 Blocks - 8th best in the league
34 Shields - 2nd best in the league
9 KD - Whatever the fuck that is, I LED THE LEAGUE IN IT
5 INTs - Tied for 4th best in the league
41 Tackles - Toed for 7th best in the league
Best Cornerback Award Nominee

Season 3 Boise State RSFL Champz
401 QBY - 6th most in the League
485 RBY - 3rd most in the league
10 TDR - 2nd most in the league
3rd highest rated defensive player in the league.
52 Tackles - Led the league
7 INTs - 6th most in the league
11 Playoff TDRs - Led league, more than twice the amount of the next guy, I'm pretty sure this is still an RSFL record.
391 Playoff RBY - Led league, three times more than the runner up.
2nd highest rated defender in the playoffs
3 Playoff INTs - 2nd most in league
3 Playoff KDs - Tied for 3rd.

Best RB Award winner
Pro Bowl Starting RB
4th Most Pro Bowl votes at Cornerback
On Pro Bowl Ballot at QB

Season 5 Most Perserverence Winner

Retired.

Respect the history fgts
I am an analytical person, and I have not only analyzed my play style but several players in hockey zone. Analyzing is soothing and enjoyable for me in a variety of settings.

Batman

• Making a Name
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2015, 08:52:09 PM »

Cool numbers. There's people mentioned in this thread who have multiple rings and awards tho. Plus u played in an era when everybody was terrible. What I'm saying is, if u played during seasons 4-8 when the level of play was significantly better and laggers weren't prospering u would have got rekt. Much respect to your playoff numbers tho. Also that Boise State team couldnt hang with BIG or Yung Money on their worst days if we're being honest here

NCVinyl

• The Original LAdyboy: MCVinyl
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2015, 09:57:44 PM »

Cool numbers. There's people mentioned in this thread who have multiple rings and awards tho. Plus u played in an era when everybody was terrible. What I'm saying is, if u played during seasons 4-8 when the level of play was significantly better and laggers weren't prospering u would have got rekt. Much respect to your playoff numbers tho. Also that Boise State team couldnt hang with BIG or Yung Money on their worst days if we're being honest here

in summary: batman n ncvinyl best cb's in league.

Batman

• Making a Name
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »

Sorry 4 the Wait. Defensive top 5 rankings have been added.

Rage

• Hi
  • Common Poster
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2015, 07:41:15 PM »

I don't know how anyone enjoyed subspace football, being completely honest here I have played almost every zone and football arena had to be the worst thing I ever witnessed.  You could probably just win immediately if you had sika and aqualicy or some other untouchable lagger to carry the ball.

Batman

• Making a Name
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2015, 08:15:24 PM »

U sound like somebody who either never played football or were just bad at it. Also, lag limits were raised in football arena (higher than regular pub arena in HZ) at some point to prevent laggers from even being able to play at all.

PS- DK plz read this thread ty, ily, s8 champz. Salute

zero seven

• RSFL Captain
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • :D
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2015, 09:29:26 PM »

Still zero activation mentions. Solid, dependable WR2 for years.
it's not as if i am the only person on my team with my brain.

Batman

• Making a Name
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2015, 11:10:51 PM »

WR-Broken down into two tiers
Top Tier         
1a.Makavelii       
1b.Bff           
3.Jugg
4.Batman2
5.Sting

2nd Tier
1.Violence
2.Joe~Sakic
3.activation
4.Bluntman n Chronic
5.Shock
Honorable mentions: Handled, Tjian, Gamechip, Zayb

I didn't forget acti, he was a very good wr (Probably 2nd best sidekick behind myself). I dont think opposing cornerbacks really feared him 1v1 too much tho. He was just extremely reliable and always made big plays to keep the defense honest and not completely focused in on DK.

(PS-I still dont know who is who on Real American Heroes....that could play a factor in some of my calculations)

SuperDan

• RSHL Captain
  • freezeem.ytmnd.com
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2015, 01:59:21 AM »

I don't know how anyone enjoyed subspace football, being completely honest here I have played almost every zone and football arena had to be the worst thing I ever witnessed.  You could probably just win immediately if you had sika and aqualicy or some other untouchable lagger to carry the ball.

Football was pretty easy Jacob.. just if you came in a season or 2/3 late the shitty people who actually played this refused to put your in any sort of descent position or their position when clearly you were better than them at

i mean come on, look at thrill hockey zone being any sort of good

hutt

• RSFL Referee
  • Making a Name
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2015, 07:28:13 PM »

I could make a few plays best I can remember in playoffs when the team needed them, but I remember my AVG on stops and tackles would start slipping (Probly cuz it was against the better blocking teams xD) during that time. I really don't consider myself even one of the best LB (but you suck too Vio still love ya tho you crazy bastard). Like I've said Boobs,Zayb,Deci, and so many other top tier DL and other LB (Maka first that comes to mind that I've played with but there are many others I'm just a burnout) to play with, it made my job very easy. Always had Ling ling, Zayb, or Joe_Sakic at my back playing cb (great 1 on 1 pass coverage so I was usually left alone accept on a slant in/cutback of course).Boobs in front, sting in back ( sounds kinky I know) me in the middle. That Right/Bottom Side became a wasteland when we were all on our game (Also a stat factor few people would run or pass on us in post season; accept Broncs he would go head on into something that wasn't working and make it work, I always liked that play style and tenacity out of him partly why I blocked for him that one season). Only type of award I should get would be a chemistry award I guess cuz I can pretty much meld into any group and stay a quality player (not the best..). Oh yeah broncs was a beast mid LB as I recall too. I kind of hate lumping each position into 1 thing because outside lb is nothing like middle. Blocking as tackle is very little like center (and blocking is easy sure, but blocking well consistently is much harder than you think). So saying I'm the best overall blocker when there are so many more talented Offensive tackles bothers me and hell I'm probly not even the best center (poot probly better tbh). Sorry for rambling but god damn I miss this sport  ;D
"I have no opinion,No, none at all. Opinion is politics, and politics is an evil which has caused many a young fellow to be hung while he's still young and pretty."

Segar

• CHUUUUCH
  • Making a Name
  • CP4BLACKIE
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2015, 11:42:15 PM »

The fact that IM NOT EVEN ONCE MENTIONED.... I KNOW I ATLEAST MADE SOME TYPE 5...i was too versatile.. also... IM BAAAAACKKKK. linebacker atleast
cherrypick

Segar

• CHUUUUCH
  • Making a Name
  • CP4BLACKIE
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2015, 02:55:11 PM »

Just saw I was two time champ as well... completely forgot my accolades
cherrypick
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 17 queries.