Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Team Forums: If you need a RSHL, MSHL, or RSFL team forum, forum PM Kilo Dylie with the name of your team, and who will moderate the board.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any nominations for RSFL LC Season IX  (Read 1379 times)

NCVinyl

• Registered Posting Whore
  • The Original LAdyboy: MCVinyl
Any nominations for RSFL LC Season IX
« on: August 17, 2015, 05:47:23 PM »

I would nominate: trick, thrill or kula to LC Season IX if they would also want to step up. I will gladly help as assistant LC/scheduler to anyone of these dudes.

Arnk Kilo Dylie

• Balancing Act
  • Executor
  • Out of Control
  • There's some intention behind the placement.
Re: Any nominations for RSFL LC Season IX
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 11:07:25 PM »

Before you worry about an official event, let alone a league, you probably should have anyone playing the game ever.

NCVinyl

• The Original LAdyboy: MCVinyl
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 11:33:01 PM »

Before you worry about an official event, let alone a league, you probably should have anyone playing the game ever.

i suppose ur right.

i was just thinking hz is dead where the is no league going on. so i assumed that football zone is suffering the same fate and was hoping starting a league would get people to play pub again.

idkidc1233

• Empire's #1 mascot/ROTY Season 52
  • Zep gets 3 pers
  • Common Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 02:13:05 AM »

I thought the arena said signups for season VI

Abvolt

• My post count proves I'm better than you
  • no morals
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 02:18:57 AM »

I'm sure if someone got the ball rolling on a league people would start to play more often. league has always garnered population not the other way around.

i would definitely like to play another season of rsfl if the opportunity came. someone start getting the website ready for rosters and stuff :D
deceased mazer nation war general

Batman

• Making a Name
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 02:58:03 AM »

Arnk is damn near retarded when it comes to marketing. Probably part of the reason why both zones he is owner of (hockey zone and hyperspace) are on life support.

Arnk Kilo Dylie

• Balancing Act
  • Executor
  • Out of Control
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 12:47:53 PM »

Marketing doesn't grow on trees, my friend.

But then again, I'm not too worried about what you think--you seriously got up in arms over an RSHL game being streamed.

By the way, on serious matters of people playing football, I think in terms of organized events, a revival is feasible only if you start two teams and make a "rivalry league"--once you get enough players then you branch it out from there. RSFL was barely feasible in the first place and barely had 4 stable teams in general. Now there's even fewer people playing. Sincerely, I do not think RSFL can happen again--but feel free to prove me wrong.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:52:16 PM by Arnk Kilo Dylie »

Zayb

• Royal Road Runners
  • Making a Name
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 05:01:35 PM »

I like that rivalry league idea, the trick would be making the rivalry part worth the hassle of a league.  In reality, I think you just need someone to step up and run something like

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH, 7PM - 11PM, ?GO FOOTBALL

Obviously, I'm not that guy, but I think it could work.  Also important that those who enjoy this game check their ego for awhile and be willing to do some blocking.

Batman

• Making a Name
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 05:07:28 PM »

Settle down, Bat - Goldeye
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:57:21 PM by Goldeye »

Arnk Kilo Dylie

• Balancing Act
  • Executor
  • Out of Control
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 06:07:02 PM »

Edit: saved Batman's text from Goldeye's mod abuse

Knew Arnk would take that bait like the slimy rat faced piece of shit he is. No shit it doesnt grow on trees. But you're not even trying to plant any seeds either. If you gave a rats ass Stevewhitmer (guy who has been afk for god knows how long) wouldn't still be the "LC". Don't you oversee everything? U obviously are the person holding us back from moving forward with anything if there is interest in a football league. Nice try tho trying to make me the bad guy

Edit: waits for typical bullshit Arnk response saying nobody stepped up or their isn't interest. If you build it they will come. Send out a mass email u lazy bum

Don't know what you're on about with stevewhitmer or LCs... RSFL is defunct, there is no LC, there is no L.
I'm not stopping anyone from playing the game. I'm just pointing out that no one is playing the game. It's certainly not me holding you back. Although, I will say this, you probably shouldn't kid yourselves by calling your theoretical 20-player league "RSFL" because that is an insult to what RSFL was. If you think more than 20 people are interested in such a league then I guess you should prove it by actually playing the game.

I'm sure if someone got the ball rolling on a league people would start to play more often. league has always garnered population not the other way around.
Dunno how it worked with RSHL, but presumably it was like RSFL: people played public games in sufficient numbers to form 6 teams (or at least, 5 stable teams) which means at least 50 active players. It is apparent to me that there aren't even half as many players as required to have a league because there are 0 people playing football typically and 10 people on a good month. The last time I saw football being played (several weeks ago) it didn't even make it to 6v6. I think that was specifically when there were calls like Zayb suggested to have all football people show up on X time.

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 06:27:27 PM »

Sorry, I remembered after doing that it doesn't save to recycle bin.
That said, this isn't a thread titled "How haz arnk killed fb" and inflammatory posts like that aren't going to help anyone.

Anyway, a league can exist without public play, but it's obviously not going to grow.  There's no shame in having the league be peoples' weekly football fix, it just means it probably won't have as intense competition as it used to.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Batman

• Making a Name
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 07:18:52 PM »

Thanks for the edit goldeye I got angry fingers for a second. Ok so even if there isn't a "league" why not at least host football as an event once a week? Trench wars host different events all the time. They seem to still be thriving even tho the game as a whole is dying

Musiq

• warp speed don't rainbow read me RACIAL EXPLETIVEuh
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 07:40:40 PM »

why don't we first find out how many people are actually interested in playing football?

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 07:56:09 PM »

Football does not gain anything from being "hosted".  All you need to do is get people to show up at a particular time, as you each tried to do about a year ago. 
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Doobie

• RSHL Referee
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »

So Rivalry League Season 1 is born.

Create a new "leagueseason", two rosters on the Red Zone web page with 2-3 captains of each team.  Fill the rosters up, schedule some games, use the automation, move to RSFL Season 9 if interest is high enough or enjoy SOME football rather than NONE football.

Problem solved.

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 08:22:36 PM »

Agreed with Doob.

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Out of Control
  • You have too much free time to care about me
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 08:44:10 PM »

Blasphemous suggestion:

Can we give football to trench wars?
have you won your blackie yet?

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 09:12:35 PM »

Imagine if we had to wait for people to play HZ pub before RSHL rosters went up

Batman

• Making a Name
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 06:33:57 PM »

Have a great idea for rival league. Yung Money vs World. Will captain this squad. Put rosters on website

Edit: this would have been a really good opportunity to use the bigfootball arena. What happened to it  ???
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:39:00 PM by Batman »

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »

I recommend scheduled pickup over a 'rivalry league.'  There are a lot of ways a rivalry league goes wrong.
Unless it's the only way people are going to show up, in which case it is better.

Nubby> Maybe 2nd
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.