Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Got Ideas?  (Read 1443 times)

Doobie

• Local Moderator
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
Got Ideas?
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:25:28 AM »

I can now edit settings in the ?go small arena.  I will share this power with the unwashed masses that actually check this sub-forum.  Got ideas?

Please keep discussion to adjusting settings/map as thats all I can/will do.  The HZ engine we have can do everything we need it to without talking about other crap.

Be wary, my new powers have gone to my head and I am eager to work my forum mod muscles.

*Unfortunately bullet damage is beyond the scope of what I can do right now(static damage was the first thing I wanted to do too)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:30:11 AM by Doobie »

Doobie

• Local Moderator
Re: Got Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 10:28:52 AM »

In the works:
-Rink Size(shrunk, maybe too much)
-Goal shape changes(thinner, shaved edges)
-Crease Size/Shape changes
-Weasel Single Barrel bullets
-Goalie Slapshot

Abvolt

• My post count proves I'm better than you
  • no morals
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 11:04:20 AM »

I think that the shark needs more shot power in small. It's a lot more difficult to find An open person to outlet to, forechecking as an offence is a lot easier. As for lanc good luck with that rework.

Also you may want to consider eliminating the goalie blue line rule, it never made much sense to me in the first place, but in small having a goal keeper know when he should be moved farther up on the map might be An interesting dynamic.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:07:47 AM by Abvolt »
deceased mazer nation war general

zero seven

• RSFL Captain
  • :D
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »

This may range in to territory that Goldeye doesn't want to reveal due to IP issues, but can you reveal the parameters that can be changed and what bit values we are working with? We don't need to reveal what exact values they are at right now if there's an irrational fear that another zone is going to 'steal' our settings.

E.g. Are the settings a 0-256 value? 1-10? 1-5? Are they multipliers of a default value like I believe bullet strength is?

Might be best to work with a spreadsheet for these kind of changes.

Below is an example and not my proposed changes. With this kind of proposal system we can infer the actual settings values and have realistic expectations of what we can change without fear of having our settings outright copied.

it's not as if i am the only person on my team with my brain.

Doobie

• Local Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 02:29:41 PM »

This may range in to territory that Goldeye doesn't want to reveal due to IP issues, but can you reveal the parameters that can be changed and what bit values we are working with? We don't need to reveal what exact values they are at right now if there's an irrational fear that another zone is going to 'steal' our settings.

E.g. Are the settings a 0-256 value? 1-10? 1-5? Are they multipliers of a default value like I believe bullet strength is?

Might be best to work with a spreadsheet for these kind of changes.

Below is an example and not my proposed changes. With this kind of proposal system we can infer the actual settings values and have realistic expectations of what we can change without fear of having our settings outright copied.

Going to stay away from the settings dump for obvious reasons.

I am new to most of the actual settings values and many of the values are unitless with limited documentation.  So far the only multiplier based setting I have run into is the base bullet/bomb damage, which we don't use at all anyway.

Take Rotation for example:  Initial rotation rate of the ship (0 = can't rotate, 400 = full rotation in 1 second)

Ball fire speed is in the thousands and has not declared unit.

I would like to tackle the specifics at some point, but some degree of generality is necessary for now.

Goldeye

• Local Moderator
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 02:45:59 PM »

Ball fire speed is in the thousands and has not declared unit.

Pixels / 10 sec
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 03:23:40 PM »

Ooo, we should release shot speed as a measure of Pub Arenas / Hour. To baffle the públic fórum / get some debate.
"I like Fur, and I would expect some good slapshot outlets from him on defense." - Thrill 2011

puker

• RSHL Captain
  • Making a Name
    • SecretsAnon.com
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 03:39:27 PM »

For the curious, these links may provide some insight into what settings exist and some examples of values that they might have:

Ship settings detailed on the ASSS wiki: http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Ship_Settings#SuperTime

A listing of settings that were used in SVS: http://forum.svssubspace.com/printthread.php?tid=1460

Commented notes about each setting found in Discretion -- many of which may line up with subspace/continuum settings: https://github.com/stanleybak/subspace-discretion2/blob/master/include/Settings.h

dragonwing0

• Registered Posting Whore
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 08:15:10 PM »

Option to remove random damage? It would certainly simplify the argument between dud and tank from the ref perspective.

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 02:11:34 PM »

What about the momentum dmg bonus.... Promotes lunging amd risks a bit... Want that out to?
"I like Fur, and I would expect some good slapshot outlets from him on defense." - Thrill 2011

Doobie

• Local Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 02:43:19 PM »

Option to remove random damage? It would certainly simplify the argument between dud and tank from the ref perspective.

*Unfortunately bullet damage is beyond the scope of what I can do right now(static damage was the first thing I wanted to do too)

Getting closer to be able to make bullet changes, still not there.

What about the momentum dmg bonus.... Promotes lunging amd risks a bit... Want that out to?

This is an idea.  I have always liked the idea but thought the reward wasn't high enough... fortunately at first glance there are settings available to adjust the way it behaves(FIRST GLANCE).

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 03:22:07 PM »

Isn't there already velocity damage?

Also this has to be balanced separately for each ship or it completely negates some things like the warbird not being able to one shot... They will pretty much always moving faster than other ships so the bonus damage would have to be set lower for them or their original planned checking handicap would be virtually nonexistent.

Im in favor of removing random damage, it doesn't really promote anything positive. Sometimes a team scores a shitty goal due to random damage and even the team that scored it feels scummy about it. It also allows level 1 ships to get one shot kills on way 2 many occasions, which is one of the reasons the wzls checking needed a nerf just because the way that random damage and other factors are,  the level 1 bullets just aren't much of a handicap. Or you even have shit like a jav or lev with high energy that can potentially survive in circumstances that they should never be allowed to because the RNG falls in their favor... no ship should be able to survive 3+ checks in quick succession, in any circumstance, especially if it isn't level 1 bullets. Maybe people could argue something like it can breathe potential variety or something into the game based on chance but... it happens pretty frequently, enough that in impacts health of the gameplay imo.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

NCVinyl

• Registered Posting Whore
  • The Original LAdyboy: MCVinyl
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 03:56:32 PM »

chance takes the skill outta it tho right?

Doobie

• Local Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 07:43:27 PM »

I wasn't clear enough to start, so here goes.

I CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT BULLET DAMAGE.

Nax

• Making a Name
  • ______________
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 08:15:58 PM »

I wasn't clear enough to start, so here goes.

I CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT BULLET DAMAGE.

Warm welcome to the world of software development doobie!  ;D

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 05:38:27 AM »

Haha, Yes we already have momentum driven velocity damage, it May need reworking but should remain a feature imho.

Doob, you Will be asked at least another 27 times to change bullet damage before you actually can ;) stay calm!

Doobie

• Local Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 09:53:52 AM »

The world of software development and HZ development are verrrrrry different things.

27 more bullet damage mentions is just fine. Just hoping for a sprinkling of something else in there too.

Nax

• Making a Name
  • ______________
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 11:00:13 AM »

This conversation reminded me of this video, the expert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

Doobie

• Local Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »

This conversation reminded me of this video, the expert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

It's pretty much too much on point, had a PTSD episode when the "designer" start mentioning kittens.

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 10:13:01 PM »

And make them kittens red with transparent ink, thx.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 17 queries.