Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hello, old friends!  (Read 1401 times)

NCVinyl

• Registered Posting Whore
  • The Original LAdyboy: MCVinyl
Re: Hello, old friends!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 10:22:02 PM »

Yep, all I'm saying people is to pace yourselves. Ideas are easy to throw around... they are harder to materialize.

you do realize the point of this thread was to get a head count and see how many people would be interested in playing?

Nax

• Making a Name
  • ______________
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 10:47:58 PM »

you do realize the point of this thread was to get a head count and see how many people would be interested in playing?

Sigh I really don't wanna play this little game with you...

you do realize that i gave my vote on said head count and asked for added consideration for current rshl LCs if the plan was to have them host it?

NCVinyl

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 11:59:42 PM »

Sigh I really don't wanna play this little game with you...

you do realize that i gave my vote on said head count and asked for added consideration for current rshl LCs if the plan was to have them host it?

1. Steve mentions starting small rsfl tournament.
2. Head count starts to form.
3. Nax disagrees that rsfl season is a bad idea. (No1 said anything of the sort)
4. Nax suggests small rsfl tournament.
5. Nax takes credit for rsfl tournament.

I see your plan boss.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:01:58 AM by NCVinyl »

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 07:14:03 AM »

Calm the fuck down Nax

Nax

• Making a Name
  • ______________
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 09:53:44 AM »

1. Steve mentions starting small rsfl tournament.
2. Head count starts to form.
3. Nax disagrees that rsfl season is a bad idea. (No1 said anything of the sort)
4. Nax suggests small rsfl tournament.
5. Nax takes credit for rsfl tournament.

I see your plan boss.

Guess I have to bring it down to the basics, RSFL is RSFL. LC's didnt hold a small 4v4 RSHL tournament, they held a small 4v4 tournament. RSHL is RSHL, it is its own thing, just like RSFL. So when an RSFL tournament was brought up, it is a season wide endeavor regardless of how big or small it is(how many people join it).

That is why I said I don't think RSFL, a season wide endeavor, was not a good idea, but agreed that a small football tourney was not a bad one.

Edit: Also this line lead me to believe we were seeking a full blown RSFL
Before I bother asking Goldeye to help get some setup via the website, I'm interested in seeing who still reads the forums and would maybe be interested in playing a small tournament of football.
Which meant that stat tracking, website rosters etc was sought after, something that a small tournament, like someone else pointed out after the fact, doesn't need any of.

FML, gotta make paragraphs of this stuff for these 'mere trolls to backup/justify anything I say.

Anyway I'm done addressing you brother, if you want a little drama in your life watch a soap operas or something, you aren't getting any more from me!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:59:07 AM by Nax »

NCVinyl

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 10:04:41 AM »

He literally said in the same sentence "playing a small tournament". Like zero seven said tho, we don't need the LCs or anyone to get together and have a 4 team tournament. So we can do that ourselves. If we want a bracket up on the website we will need some setup on the website. It may not be completely needed. So we agree about that.

You're creating your own drama by being an idiot.

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 12:39:25 PM »

Someone who has been a sysop/lc for numerous seasons (stevewhitmer) returns to offer to run an event. Nax gets pissed off and first instinct is to say no way. Mere, watch out, sounds like Nax is next in line to be zone owner!!!

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »

I disagree about full blown RSFL taking place. A small weekend event tourney? Sure. But not a full season league of RSFL. This has been discussed many times before, big picture it is not a good idea. But a small tournament similar to the 4v4 or 5v5 tourney, but with football parameters, would be ok i think. Do note that even these small tournaments are run by the will and donation of time of our friendly mods.

If they do end up helping, just remember to have some consideration about how much were asking, you don't wanna tire out/burn out those who have already given us 4v4 and upcoming 5v5 events.

People are asking this, that, football, allstar, 4v4, 5v5, 15v15, where does it stop with you guys, give our league coordinators a fucking break.

Holy fucking shit shut the fuck up. Who the fuck are you, any way? I don't give a shit if you changed the way the font looks on our website, you need a take a step back bud.

Also plz stop insinuating that organizing these events is a full time job, Lawn Dwarf has organized a couple of events recently with minimal time and effort, any like-minded person would be able to do the same.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

Zayb

• Royal Road Runners
  • Making a Name
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 01:54:43 PM »

Heck, we don't need a tournament, just some set times that people know football will be played.  That will probably do a lot to get people on teams.

Zanaz

• RSHL Captain
  • Making a Name
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2017, 03:10:24 PM »

cud b player

WhiteIrishRebel

• white
  • Out of Control
  • 5th Highest OVERNESS in HZ
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 03:27:00 PM »

Eh, I'm with Nax on this one. Fuck football. That was his point right?

Nax

• Making a Name
  • ______________
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »

Well that's the last time I stand up for our LCs, holy crap.

Also plz stop insinuating that organizing these events is a full time job, Lawn Dwarf has organized a couple of events recently with minimal time and effort, any like-minded person would be able to do the same.

Not all events need a lot of legwork to realize. But I have stopped by hz and seen Doobs, RDKN, Superdan work for several nights for hours, setting up arenas, linking things together, troubleshooting things that weren't happening as expected, all while learning about modules, configuration etc, to make this zone better for you. So no Thrill, I'm not gonna shut the fuck up, because I'm not asking consideration for myself, but for other people.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:46:06 PM by Nax »

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 04:32:03 PM »

No you are being a fucking fake ass tool. This is exactly the kind of ass hole that is white knighting for chicks streaming on twitch at 2 am hoping 2 get mod powers
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

Cereal n Milk

• HZ Media
  • Common Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »

ALRIGHT BOYS

Some free time today, threw something together for an ongoing self-run league. I'm basing this mostly off of some tennis leagues I participate(d) in.

First off, I don't know if you guys would like a draft or self organized teams. A draft may be better for interest, especially for players like myself who never really played football much and players from other zones who are entirely uninitiated. I am happy to organize a draft if you would like.

The league uses a format where teams must play at least one game every week. If they do not, they drop one place in the standings. If they do not play for two weeks, they drop to the bottom of the standings. Captains organize games themselves and a document is kept with every team's availabilities for easy scheduling, games can be played on the fly as well. Games are organized by captains issuing challenges to one another. Captains may only issue challenges to teams that are lower seeds than they are or to the team directly above them in the standings. In a 5 team league for example, the captain ranked #3 may only issue challenges to #2, #4, and #5. You can only challenge a particular team once a week, but challenges may not be ignored and must be played within a reasonable time frame or it will be counted as a loss.

When a team wins a game against a team with a higher rank, they move up the standings by 1. When a team loses to a team with a lower rank, they drop one position. When a low seed loses to a high seed, there is no effect for either team. To be sure there are no misconceptions, another example! Team #1 issues a challenge to team #5. The game is played and team #5 wins. They advance to #4 and team #1 falls to #2.

Ideally, a subforum could be created where game results must be posted. The captain of the winning team is responsible for posting the game result (just by posting the final stats and score with a time and date) and the losing captain must confirm the results. A document will be kept and updated daily (I can do this or we can leave it to the captains.)  An end date is decided upon at the beginning of the league. We always played 1 month and 2 month leagues and I was happy with those lengths. The team at the top of the standings at the end date is the winner. We usually had a #1 vs. #2 game around our end date and as a sort-of championship, but that's more just a detail.

Idk if you guys want refs or will just use the honor system, but I have no idea who knows how to ref for football. I do not but I would be happy to have someone train me on it.

How many players per roster, how large games will be(4v4, 5v5, 6v6...), captains, and teams can all be decided by you guys. Feel free to tweak anything about it or completely reject it for something more traditional. I'm happy to help out with whatever you guys decide on, as LC or just with whatever I can do. I figured this gives us a system for organizing football games consistently and leaves open time for other tournaments or events if you guys would like to organize those. It's a relatively low maintenance league as well that could be run by most active players.

CMdros

• Common Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 05:10:21 PM »

No you are being a fucking fake ass tool. This is exactly the kind of ass hole that is white knighting for chicks streaming on twitch at 2 am hoping 2 get mod powers

Nerd alert!

Sting

• RSFL Board of Directors
  • Common Poster
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017, 05:27:32 PM »

Will have to look around and see if I still have my pads laying around

Abvolt

• My post count proves I'm better than you
  • no morals
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 05:28:58 PM »

xf reunion sting
deceased mazer nation war general

hutt

• RSFL Referee
  • Making a Name
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 07:34:51 PM »

Put me in coach. I got hoop dreams!
"I have no opinion,No, none at all. Opinion is politics, and politics is an evil which has caused many a young fellow to be hung while he's still young and pretty."

NCVinyl

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2017, 07:42:11 PM »

Put me in coach. I got hoop dreams!

There he is!!!!!!!!

CMdros

• Common Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2017, 08:36:30 PM »

alliw fb dis instint!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 18 queries.