Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: RSHL Week 6 (Mar 12 - Mar 18) GBU Rankings  (Read 815 times)

idkidc1233

• Empire's #1 mascot/ROTY Season 52
  • Common Poster
Re: RSHL Week 6 (Mar 12 - Mar 18) GBU Rankings
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 10:44:26 AM »

Shoulda kept it, cock wouldn't stay on defense until OT

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 12:17:33 PM »

Boogieman developing muscle memory makes sense but I don't see how what you're saying would help with that very much. Honestly I'm not sure if your justifications are conscious or subconscious, but they definitely are justifications. Most likely scenario is you have treeflexes and in order to avoid thinking of it as a flaw it's been warped and justified to be something that you can view as positive instead of negative. Like I said, just not sure if that's on purpose or you're unaware that you do that, but I see you do it with plenty of stuff. Which isn't unusual, thats how human beings are in general, its hard for them to accept being bad at things. In studies 90% of people rate themselves as above average at any given task, even trivial ones. I hope I don't have to explain why this obviously isn't the case.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Blades
  • Out of Control
  • You have too much free time to care about me
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 12:34:47 PM »

I hate to go back to the bait zone graphic, but just think about this situation in your head.

2v1, offensive ships spread out, ballcarrier is on the top side. As long as the ballcarrier keeps moving forward and doesn't cut, there is no reason for me to move.

Until the ballcarrier gets close enough to the crease to become a threat to my bullets, I just have to maintain the sniping angle and force him to make a CROSSCREASE PASS (like I tell every single one of my teams is the #1 way people are gona try to score) or ballkill the defender while making a cut.

It's literally that simple. If you play Lanc for like 3 scrim games you will get what I'm saying. You can't just fly around after every little fake playing the Lanc or you will be out of position a whole lot more than I am.

Your post is super weird. It feels like you are almost projecting.

In studies 90% of people rate themselves as above average at any given task, even trivial ones. I hope I don't have to explain why this obviously isn't the case.

Like have you ever applied this to yourself? I typed "above average" into the search with your name attached.

Shlazzer this may be a little 'pretentious' since I don't know you irl or whatever... but I can pretty much promise u with 100% confidence that I am more intelligent than you. Of course, that isn't even saying very much, but nevertheless. There are things that have happened in my personal experiences that pretty much indisputably prove I am far smarter than the average human being, and to be honest the above average. So whether you think I'm smart or not really doesn't change any of that.

None of this has to do with people liking or disliking you I'm strictly talking about being good at spaceships. Plenty of people make fun of me, but the majority of it is people saying I'm not as good as I think I am, not that I'm not good. I guarantee you there is no one making fun of me for thinking I'm better than Bluegoku because you're an average player and I'm an above average player.

Sry for ancient quotes but they were just too hilarious to not include. It just feelsbad to get preached by a guy who posts this kind of stuff on a regular basis and doesn't play the ship at all. Don't act like you've changed either, lol. You still believe all this stuff.

I don't like playing the "people don't understand lanc" card but I wish sum ppl who have strong opinions would try the ship out in a league game once in their life, or even more than one scrim game in a row. Maybe it would illuminate some ppl as to why things happen the way they do.
have you won your blackie yet?

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Blades
  • Out of Control
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 01:03:31 PM »

i need to get back to work but i'll just say i'm trying to find the answer to the "independent lancaster" that everybody thinks I just suck at. It's hard though when nobody practices (me included).

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »

So what you are saying is that you do not have the skill or capability to single-handedly win games for your team. Either that, or the lanc is incapable of doing that, which still means you're ultimately at fault for picking that ship and sticking with it (though I seem to recall a handful of goalies playing it successfully a few years ago, like, I'm pretty sure linix played lanc in the last cup ITF won).

Why is it that cereal n milk is able to shut teams down on his own even when his defense is less than stellar, or superdan is able to play with literally no defense half his games and still put up great numbers, but you can't string together two half decent games? Our defense wasn't super great yesterday, certainly in the first period, and yet Kula put together an awesome game. Stopped multiple odd man breaks/cross crease passes.

It's the same story with you, you complain if you aren't getting award winning defense, somehow it's everyone else's fault that you can't break a .650 sv pct. If you can't see how/why that means you can't be in the same conversation as dan/cnm/kula/batman then I don't know what to tell you.

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2017, 01:19:11 PM »

If 90% of people rate themselves as above average, obviously all of them can't be right, but some of them obviously are right. You're trying to flip it on me but it doesn't work very well, there is ample evidence that I'm an above average player, there isn't really any evidence that you are any good at all. You can argue you had a decent save percentage in the playoffs that one year your team won the cup. But that's a pretty small sample size of your overall career in which just by the eye test I have seen that you have poor positioning,anticipation, and very slow reflexes. If you go by the stats you've had pretty poor numbers overall for almost the entirety of your career. People say stats don't mean anything, but it's more accurate to say stats don't ALWAYS mean something. If you're looking at an aggregate of stats over several years and they are mediocre stats, what are the odds of that player being any good? 
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

Abvolt

• RSHL Captain
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
  • no morals
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 01:22:17 PM »

lets not derail bos' beautiful write up to try and use walls of text to understand why bungleman doesnt move when ball is shot at him

allow me 2 explain

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Blades
  • Out of Control
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »

you guys are impossible, just keep circlejerking eachother

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Blades
  • Out of Control
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »

(though I seem to recall a handful of goalies playing it successfully a few years ago, like, I'm pretty sure linix played lanc in the last cup ITF won).

like it bugs me you don't even realize what you're saying here. Linix switched to lanc because it was more consistent the year we had Goldeye shark, and on top of that he was playing with a team that had years of defensive chemistry built up and already played a kind of lame cluster style the league mocked them for.

you are just proving what I'm saying, but you are too caught up in trying to make it out to be "boogieman sucks" that you aren't acknowledging the facts I'm trying to present to you about the gameplay and what happens on the ice. Has anybody noticed that I'm actually talking on-ice play and situations, and you guys are talking about exclusively stats and results? It's because you don't understand the actual on-ice interactions at all from having virtually no experience. Or if you do, you play willfully ignorant of them so you can keep pushing this song and dance.

I've played three fucking games, dude. Three games!! I'm the worst goalie ever!!

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »

I don't understand why you feel you need to come on the forums and convince everyone about how good of a goalie you are?

Why not just play the games and let your play speak?

-

-

-

WhiteIrishRebel

• white
  • Out of Control
  • 5th Highest OVERNESS in HZ
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 01:57:23 PM »

ahahahaahha

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 01:59:15 PM »

like it bugs me you don't even realize what you're saying here. Linix switched to lanc because it was more consistent the year we had Goldeye shark, and on top of that he was playing with a team that had years of defensive chemistry built up and already played a kind of lame cluster style the league mocked them for.

Nope, you are the one missing the point. What I said was that you're either not good enough, or the ship isn't. I then provided an example of a goalie successfully playing the lanc. I love how you try and again say "of course linix had success, look at how great his defense was" when the guy was in the conversation for playoff MVP. You're basically saying that you can guarantee there were no odd-man breaks and every single save he made was the result of an easy shot against. Give me a break lol.

you are just proving what I'm saying, but you are too caught up in trying to make it out to be "boogieman sucks" that you aren't acknowledging the facts I'm trying to present to you about the gameplay and what happens on the ice. Has anybody noticed that I'm actually talking on-ice play and situations, and you guys are talking about exclusively stats and results? It's because you don't understand the actual on-ice interactions at all from having virtually no experience. Or if you do, you play willfully ignorant of them so you can keep pushing this song and dance.

I mentioned on-ice plays. Kula faced several 2 on 0s, 2 on 1s and cross crease passes last night. He won the game for us. You are saying it is literally impossible to do that and that because you can't do it, no other goalie can either.

I've played three fucking games, dude. Three games!! I'm the worst goalie ever!!

As if anyone is basing your ability on the 3 games you played this season. The 3 games reinforce what people have been saying for years, but the stats are there from every year prior to this one that you've played in, and that's what people are pointing to. But of course when your argument is that stats are meaningless, we're basically just supposed to take you at your word that you are in fact a good goalie, even though there's absolutely no evidence of this whatsoever.

I'll make it simple: what I'm saying is that really good goalies can steal games for their team, and good goalies give their team a chance to win regardless of external factors (like award winning defense). Is there ANY proof whatsoever that you've been able to consistently do either one of those? Any empirical evidence whatsoever?

BluckaBlucka

• Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 03:14:18 PM »

I don't understand how goalies can play with D. They get in the way more than they help. When I was on this team called execution as goalie I would scream till they removed duck poo and anyone else who was trying to play D. If I'm going to look bad I want it to be on my own terms and it be my fault not some retard who doesn't know how to play the position he chose to play.
Hey, I am the greatest; hey, this is the proof
Hey, I work hard, pray hard, pay dues, hey
I transform with pressure; I'm hands-on with effort
I fell twice before; my bounce back was special
Letdowns will get you, and the critics will test you
But the strong will survive; another scar may bless you

Steve Cheese

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 03:45:39 PM »

When can we schedule a roast of a different goalie? I'd like to volunteer.

Abvolt

• RSHL Captain
  • no morals
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 04:07:33 PM »

how about u schedule sum gaymes steve cheese

Steve Cheese

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 04:45:42 PM »

Need some ideas from leafy to motivate me

warrior11

• HZ Media
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 05:15:40 PM »

yis boogiemin y dont u let ur play speak 4 itself like humbil strikir leafy

i agree w/ jigr when u trust ur cr sittink defendirs who r sub par playirs (such as duck poo) n they fuk up theres nothing u cud rly do n cud b very frustratink becuz these garpige playirs vs 0 contribution 2 team xcept 2 b pylon difince n fuk ofir ther own keepir

zero seven

• RSFL Captain
  • :D
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2017, 07:36:53 PM »

Why don't we re-design line goalie to play Lanc w/ 100% perfect reflex, ball movement anticipation, energy conservation, and 2v1 cross crease pass strategic knowledge and then have boogie take 100 shots and line goalie take 100 shots then compare save percentage.

Probably pretty easy to code.
it's not as if i am the only person on my team with my brain.

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Blades
  • Out of Control
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »

lol, well my team doesn't play for a week again so we'll just have to wait and see!

Doobie

• RSHL Referee
  • Registered Posting Whore
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 08:04:21 PM »

How is this happening again?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 19 queries.