Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 1155 times)

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
Re: Next Season
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 07:54:46 AM »

Thrill is pretty much on point. The whole point of the draft was to make sure CnM played for other teams so now he's back with Zepp and here people are upset.

Instead of having a draft next time let's just prize CnM engine shutdowns randomly and maybe put a wormhole behind his net.

warrior11

• HZ Media
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 09:18:13 AM »

ne team w/ non syndrim keepir n 5 decint playirs cud fuk ne team

VnV-Nation

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »

25 seasons but leaf is now an elite level player, great job leaf!

Hopefully it doesn't go to his head.  ;D

Batman

• Making a Name
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2017, 10:45:26 AM »

the only dumbass who said anything about a superteam was judge69 just fyi if u go back and read

All i said was the rest of the teams look like Jv squads and dont stand a chance, never called CTK a super team.

But yeah u guys have fun playing predictable powderpuff fun league and getting your 2nd place participation trophies!!!!!

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2017, 01:03:37 PM »

Thrill is pretty much on point. The whole point of the draft was to make sure CnM played for other teams so now he's back with Zepp and here people are upset.

Instead of having a draft next time let's just prize CnM engine shutdowns randomly and maybe put a wormhole behind his net.

I for one will enjoy beating Zepp again, it will be sweeter with his sidekick CNM.

-

-

-

Abvolt

• no morals
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »

there was no parity in draft league, there is never going to be parity in traditional

nothing has changed except the number following the letter S

the only answers this zone has is adding more people to the bod because they believe the more people of influence making decisions is a good thing (its not)

what have we found? the same old fears. wish u wre here. i have 1 foot in and another thinking i shud just re-retire
deceased mazer nation war general

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2017, 02:03:20 PM »

There was way more parity in the draft leagues than the traditional leagues from where I'm sitting. There are always going to be a couple of teams that stand out near the top, but that's true of literally every single sports competition I can think of. The bigger picture is how competitive the rest of the league is with in each other and in relation to the big teams. Meaning do they get stomped or do they lose but at least put up a reasonably competitive game where it's at least not a complete shit fest or it's at least plausible they could occasionally pull off an upset.

If you look at last season most of the teams weren't that far off from each other in the mid tier of the table. Blades was the only non-factor team. Mid-tier teams had some consistency issues but you could have inserted Salty Puckers or Mazer in at greasers playin spot and no one would have  been surprised because those teams were all pretty close to each other. It's true Salty Puckers was borderline for a lot of the season but when they were playing at their best they were fairly competitive. In fact, the weakened lineup of haterade was right around there too. So you could have inserted any of 4 teams at the #4 and #5 playoff spots really without losing too much competition. That seems a lot like parity to me, only Blades was really out of the mix. If your idea of parity is every single team is within grasp of the first seed that doesn't even make any sense, even in the highest competitive level of professional sports there are favorite teams that beat everyone else the majority of the time.

My memory is that traditional league is usually 2 teams around the top, couple of mid tier teams, and then everyone else gets thoroughly shit-housed. Yeah, there may be a couple of seasons that were exceptions but that was a regular pattern for a large percentage of the traditional seasons.

thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

Abvolt

• no morals
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2017, 02:14:44 PM »

if numerous threads are dedicated to making the draft system have more parity before the draft so much so that you have to create rules dedicated to arbitrarily making it a little more even than that isnt parity and parity cant be achieved. 

there was no parity from the onset of the draft, lets not wriggle away from that truth. the same team was the best team two years in a row IN A DRAFT at least this way people get to decide what team they want to play for.

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2017, 02:42:12 PM »

The idea of draft league is great for parity.

Having people like Thrill hold out or force trades isnt.
Having people like Daveo as captain isnt.

-

-

-

Seaman #1

• RSHL Captain
  • Non-Playoff d00d
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 03:41:30 PM »

Fixed
The idea of draft league is great for parity.

Having people like Thrill hold out or force trades isnt.
Having people like Daveo as captain is.
Having co capts ruined parity also and tarnished my cup
RSHL attributes
SPECIALS:
True Grit (+10 all stats in overtime)
McGwired (+10 physical -10 mental)
Grinder (+5 defense, +5 stam)
Ovr-89
Off-70 Def-92
Phy-98 Ment-85
Ldrship-96 Heart-99
Stam-93 Finesse-72
Score-68 Vision-86
Pass-85 Longpass-89
Handle-81 Offhand-64
OffAwr-75 DefAwr-96
Penalty-64

Judge69

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2017, 05:55:46 PM »

Draft league really does help with parity.  When you have LD & SD as co-capts that automatically puts that team as a top team.  Then when you have leafy being leafy and no other team wanting to put up with him that helps as well. 

Abvolt

• no morals
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2017, 06:15:16 PM »

the bod shud consist of

league lc (superdan)
ass lc (?)
head ref (rkdn)
#1 scheduler (not rly but just because its steve)
appeal czar (judge)

no one else. these 5 people can more than adequately run a league/make fair consistent decisions. if the people selected to be in those positions are not dumb af (and have displayed objectivity as well as empathy for the population of players they are not belonging to (they r elite, the majority of the zone isnt)). everyone else is just there to look after their own interests and that of their teams.

anyone else who wants to help with the development of the zone has 3-4 public boards dedicated to it.

lets start looking at the top to see why there is no example of parity at the bottom.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:22:12 PM by Abvolt »

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »

Draft league really does help with parity.  When you have LD & SD as co-capts that automatically puts that team as a top team.  Then when you have leafy being leafy and no other team wanting to put up with him that helps as well.

If only we had Judge come back and LC we would be thriving again.

-

-

-

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2017, 06:54:34 PM »

the bod shud consist of

league lc (superdan)
ass lc (?)
head ref (rkdn)
appeal czar (judge)

no one else. these 5 people can more than adequately run a league/make fair consistent decisions. if the people selected to be in those positions are not dumb af (and have displayed objectivity as well as empathy for the population of players they are not belonging to (they r elite, the majority of the zone isnt)). everyone else is just there to look after their own interests and that of their teams.

anyone else who wants to help with the development of the zone has 3-4 public boards dedicated to it.

lets start looking at the top to see why there is no example of parity at the bottom.

I've said all along the BOD needs to be a select group of people but be OPEN TO READ.

Then a discussion forum can be used for EVERYONE to post ideas / opinions on whats being discussed in the BOD have arguments for/against.

-

-

-

Seaman #1

• RSHL Captain
  • Non-Playoff d00d
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »

The traditional suffers from no salary cap , luxury tax to even out faggotry, For example a zep/cnm/bluegoku squad should now only have money to sign a fur of fur or mean gene type player. But It's always been this way.

I actually like the multiple shitheels midtier low teams forming, it will allow stars to play in the bronze leagues and have fun while only  an occasional superteam 20 min surrender match. It's also gonna clear up playtime for  the lower class.
RSHL attributes
SPECIALS:
True Grit (+10 all stats in overtime)
McGwired (+10 physical -10 mental)
Grinder (+5 defense, +5 stam)
Ovr-89
Off-70 Def-92
Phy-98 Ment-85
Ldrship-96 Heart-99
Stam-93 Finesse-72
Score-68 Vision-86
Pass-85 Longpass-89
Handle-81 Offhand-64
OffAwr-75 DefAwr-96
Penalty-64

Abvolt

• no morals
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2017, 07:07:47 PM »

I've said all along the BOD needs to be a select group of people but be OPEN TO READ.

Then a discussion forum can be used for EVERYONE to post ideas / opinions on whats being discussed in the BOD have arguments for/against.

i think the bod suffers from a lack of goals/identity crisis. there are no overarching goals for what direction the LEAGUE should be driven into the future *planning gasp*. it is mixed between being a development board as well as a league governance board and it hinders its ability to operate in an unbiased way (there are numerous other reasons as well). being open would be good but it would require goldeye to move the sensitive things (i never bothered to examine what would be sensitive although i heard there are threads that the public shouldnt be able to access for whatever reasons) to a seperate closed board dedicated to a private development board.

+but at this point it looks like nothing has changed and effort has stagnated to differentiate this past seasons failings and next seasons improvements. maybe make another forum thread so that we can put pressure on these elites to actually do something other than worry about their own circumstance. to me it looks like we said okay we're doing traditional and that should solve our problems without anyone actually doing anything.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:11:12 PM by Abvolt »

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2017, 07:16:39 PM »

Abvolt was on the bod and his greatest contribution was insulting a few people and then fervently defending his trade of maelstrom for CnM. Now he's crying about parity.

So cool

Abvolt

• no morals
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2017, 07:22:43 PM »

and youre defending your right to be on a league governance board without any specific role within that board.

but i guess you can justify your grab for minuscule power however you like while denouncing my opinion as if i havent stared at some glaring problems in the face. im not asking for power, im asking for the number of people who can influence league decisions to be reduced to those who know that their position is to drive the league forward in ways that contribute to its sustainability, parity, consistency or whatever words your shitty bod would like to use without actually considering. 

(and knowing that it is their first priority to be a bod member for the beneficial growth of the league and not a member of whatever roster they are on)

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2017, 07:23:51 PM »

The traditional suffers from no salary cap , luxury tax to even out faggotry, For example a zep/cnm/bluegoku squad should now only have money to sign a fur of fur or mean gene type player. But It's always been this way.

I actually like the multiple shitheels midtier low teams forming, it will allow stars to play in the bronze leagues and have fun while only  an occasional superteam 20 min surrender match. It's also gonna clear up playtime for  the lower class.

Nobody gives a shit about the constant bullshit you spew.

-

-

-

VFleX

• BEND THE KNEE
  • Sorry VFleX, you are banned from posting or sendi
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2017, 07:30:21 PM »

the bod shud consist of

league lc (superdan)
ass lc (?)
head ref (rkdn)
appeal czar (judge)

I support this and would actually play next season, as Goldeye is not involved.
I am an analytical person, and I have not only analyzed my play style but several players in hockey zone. Analyzing is soothing and enjoyable for me in a variety of settings.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 23 queries.