Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 1154 times)

VFleX

• BEND THE KNEE
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • Sorry VFleX, you are banned from posting or sendi
Re: Next Season
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2017, 07:41:09 PM »

The traditional suffers from no salary cap , luxury tax to even out faggotry, For example a zep/cnm/bluegoku squad should now only have money to sign a fur of fur or mean gene type player. But It's always been this way.

I actually like the multiple shitheels midtier low teams forming, it will allow stars to play in the bronze leagues and have fun while only  an occasional superteam 20 min surrender match. It's also gonna clear up playtime for  the lower class.

Dude, you make no fucking sense.

You cried all season about BTK being stacked...even though the draft literally gave you the best chance to win a cup in your 20 years here by not only forcing parity, but also giving you the #1 pick in the player pool. Now you seem to have no issue with the fact that teams are trying to stack themselves, with no rules for parity because it creates "multiple shitheel midtier low teams"...you know, like last seasons SP, Mazer, Greasers. This upcoming season will be even more lopsided than last and your team has literally zero chance now... The fuck.
I am an analytical person, and I have not only analyzed my play style but several players in hockey zone. Analyzing is soothing and enjoyable for me in a variety of settings.

Abvolt

• My post count proves I'm better than you
  • no morals
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2017, 07:55:36 PM »

Abvolt was on the bod and his greatest contribution was insulting a few people [1]  and then fervently defending his trade of maelstrom for CnM [2]. Now he's crying about parity. [3]

So cool

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incomplete_comparison
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

your bod.
deceased mazer nation war general

Cereal n Milk

• HZ Media
  • Common Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2017, 08:02:09 PM »

i think the bod suffers from a lack of goals/identity crisis. there are no overarching goals for what direction the LEAGUE should be driven into the future *planning gasp*. it is mixed between being a development board as well as a league governance board and it hinders its ability to operate in an unbiased way (there are numerous other reasons as well). being open would be good but it would require goldeye to move the sensitive things (i never bothered to examine what would be sensitive although i heard there are threads that the public shouldnt be able to access for whatever reasons) to a seperate closed board dedicated to a private development board.

The BOD is literally run by people doing the extra work for everyone on their spare time, just trying to keep things afloat. The LC is generally in charge of whatever goals we want to set and try to achieve. I came into the role with some ideas and plans and it all fell by the wayside as I spent almost all of my time dealing with the constant rain of shit around the league. For example, dealing with you when you rage quit HZ because a trade you proposed wasn't going to be accepted as it was. Spending a hell of a lot of time going over the details of the trade and what we were going to do with it with Arcadian, only to have you disappear and cancel the trade out of spite. The trade was going to be returned to you for revision, but you left. Because of the situations like that, I would not be LC again even if I had the time. Dealing with shit like this left me jaded and I would never return to the LC role even if I had the spare time, because of things like that. I didn't have time to try and improve the zone because I had to deal with shit that you were creating.

Players like you make me want to quit the BOD, stop reffing, and just leave HZ entirely.

As to bias, we're not going to find people to run the league who also aren't playing the game. Generally the BoD does a good job of staying unbiased with their decisions. Now understand that just because you disagree with a decision, that does not mean it is biased. If you can grasp that.

+but at this point it looks like nothing has changed and effort has stagnated to differentiate this past seasons failings and next seasons improvements. maybe make another forum thread so that we can put pressure on these elites to actually do something other than worry about their own circumstance. to me it looks like we said okay we're doing traditional and that should solve our problems without anyone actually doing anything.
If you're so concerned, then do something. Anything. Or else cut the shit, stop doing nothing while complaining about other people doing nothing.

but i guess you can justify your grab for minuscule power however you like while denouncing my opinion as if i havent stared at some glaring problems in the face. im not asking for power, im asking for the number of people who can influence league decisions to be reduced to those who know that their position is to drive the league forward in ways that contribute to its sustainability, parity, consistency or whatever words your shitty bod would like to use without actually considering. 

(and knowing that it is their first priority to be a bod member for the beneficial growth of the league and not a member of whatever roster they are on)
1. Why didn't you do any of this why you were on the BoD? You had the opportunity.
2. Why didn't you acknowledge that you were a BoD member first and captain second when you argued and argued for your trade? And then quit the zone when thought you wouldn't get your way?

I've said all along the BOD needs to be a select group of people but be OPEN TO READ.

Then a discussion forum can be used for EVERYONE to post ideas / opinions on whats being discussed in the BOD have arguments for/against.
It's kind of a weird distinction. The BOD is just a private forum where the LC can get advice from his selected, trusted indviduals. Almost like the presidential cabinet, but for the LC. Opening it and letting everyone talk about it is just making HZ chat the new BOD. And lord know that no one knows how to stay on topic in HZ chat. I'm not against it, but I'm also not sure if it'll have a positive or negative effect. I wouldn't mind trying just to see if it is a good idea.

The non-sensitive topics this past season's were just League Format, Settings, Rulebook Update, and miscellaneous stuff like reminders to switch the leagueseason to playoffs and changing our forum moderator. Waivers and Trading issues were there too, but they won't be an issue this upcoming season. Just to give a sense of what we would actually be making public.

As to the super teams, its not even really about winning cups anymore for me. I just have more fun playing HZ with the BSK folks.

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2017, 08:14:08 PM »

^ yes this.

A closer look at who is on the bod would reveal it's all of the former and current league staff. So if you want to join then do something positive for the zone first.

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 08:17:15 PM »

Abvolt, you're overstating the role of the BOD.  It's effectively a league advisory board, not a governance board.  It has not carried any authority, and for quite a while LCs have been one of two categories: don't bother talking to the BOD at all; or use it for insight, but not for decision making.  The most direct authority it has had was to evaluate trades in each draft season, and the LC had (and used) the authority to make the decision regardless of the numbers on that board.

Ideally, we would not need such a group at all, and we could effectively discuss issues in public 'town halls'-esque discussion, and a benevolent leader can reach a decision benefiting from the wisdom and preferences of the population.
In case you haven't noticed, this is not a population that can have such discussions en masse effectively.
So the BOD is a middle ground.  An attempt to collect wisdom and perspective from individuals who can conduct themselves sensibly.
Most of the individuals who wouldn't deserve to be there in an authoritative role have provided perspectives that otherwise would have been altogether missed, and not factored into the decision.

I trust each of the people we've had as LC to digest the facts and opinions in front of them fairly regardless of how it was delivered, and reach a decision in the best interests of the zone.
However, I can attest to not being able to pre-emptively determine all the perspectives that zone members might have on some issues, and receiving those perspectives from the BOD allowed me to properly weigh those perspectives into decisions.  I imagine last season's LCs would report the same.

I agree with you that a handful of people on the BOD aren't people I wouldn't want touching decisions.  But those are the same people that often see things in a way that the decision makers and "trusted" individuals do not, so this is how we get it.

If we need a board of people for judging things objectively, thoroughly, and without bias, then we're going to need a new board.  However, we're a 100ish person league/zone and that need seems to be managed fine with the systems we have.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Abvolt

• no morals
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2017, 08:17:49 PM »

The BOD is literally run by people doing the extra work for everyone on their spare time, just trying to keep things afloat.

thank you for your service. but lets not get army/vegan syndrome about this (you know where you get morally pretentious for providing a service that does not require gratitude (categorical ethics). let me start this little blurb with me saying that i think you did an adequate job in your role and the blame IS COLLECTIVE (me included) rather than to any 1 individual.

The LC is generally in charge of whatever goals we want to set and try to achieve.

which was never defined although it should be. not for just a singular season but for multiple. one of my favourite quotes is by an architect who said make no little plans, the point is for you to plan and adjust, mitigate and adapt.

I came into the role with some ideas and plans and it all fell by the wayside as I spent almost all of my time dealing with the constant rain of shit around the league.

which is the purpose of the bod, to deal with circumstances as they arise that are not accounted for in the rulebook

For example, dealing with you when you rage quit HZ because a trade you proposed wasn't going to be accepted as it was. Spending a hell of a lot of time going over the details of the trade and what we were going to do with it with Arcadian, only to have you disappear and cancel the trade out of spite. The trade was going to be returned to you for revision, but you left. Because of the situations like that, I would not be LC again even if I had the time. Dealing with shit like this left me jaded and I would never return to the LC role even if I had the spare time, because of things like that. I didn't have time to try and improve the zone because I had to deal with shit that you were creating.

the collective shit people created. pointing fingers at me was already done when i was being called a cheater for saying yes to a trade and serves no purpose.

Players like you make me want to quit the BOD, stop reffing, and just leave HZ entirely.
and leadership like the one currently employed is a reason for me to quit league entirely.

As to bias, we're not going to find people to run the league who also aren't playing the game. Generally the BoD does a good job of staying unbiased with their decisions. Now understand that just because you disagree with a decision, that does not mean it is biased. If you can grasp that.

i would say this is inaccurate. but whatever perspective you want man.

If you're so concerned, then do something. Anything. Or else cut the shit, stop doing nothing while complaining about other people doing nothing.
1. Why didn't you do any of this why you were on the BoD? You had the opportunity.
didnt spend a lot of time on it, didnt get a fair gauge for what was going on for a while, what the issues were kind of became apparent.

2. Why didn't you acknowledge that you were a BoD member first and captain second when you argued and argued for your trade? And then quit the zone when thought you wouldn't get your way?

i have no faith in zone leadership, i have no faith in bod, all advice i give falls on deaf ears. i have been writing the same things over and over in public forums (which is still a medium that should be considered) and nothing changes because this place hasnt changed leadership styles in my whole time here. youre more concerned with proving i am somehow wrong because of my disposition to no longer want to be used by the league agenda of being another drone player in the playerbase when its pretty clear that there is something seriously amiss with league governance.

Abvolt

• no morals
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2017, 08:26:57 PM »

100ish person league

63, that number seems to be dropping. it has nothing to do with zone leadership i suppose.

why is everyone on this advisory board telling me that i am wrong about them am i no longer part of the player base of non-elites they are meant to serve represent in this faux-democracy?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:29:13 PM by Abvolt »

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2017, 08:27:55 PM »

For the past 15+ seasons you have pretended to quit the zone and told us all the zone will die.

This happens after every season.

You have no self awareness that this is happening but it is clearly your coping mechanism for dealing with losing.

Abvolt

• no morals
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2017, 08:28:31 PM »

For the past 15+ seasons you have pretended to quit the zone and told us all the zone will die.

This happens after every season.

You have no self awareness that this is happening but it is clearly your coping mechanism for dealing with losing.

rest assured

NCVinyl

• Registered Posting Whore
  • The Original LAdyboy: MCVinyl
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2017, 08:35:25 PM »

Goldeye throwing shade @ my decision making.

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2017, 09:13:25 PM »

63, that number seems to be dropping. it has nothing to do with zone leadership i suppose.
99 players last season, up from 78 the season prior: http://rshl.org/ci/index.php?c=statsview&LS=123&suf=&col=Rating&desc=1&a=50&pub=0&
Fuck off with the idiotic bantering.

Goldeye throwing shade @ my decision making.
I would neither confirm nor deny who I was referring to except that if I put someone as LC then I trust they will perform the job faithfully.  =D
But if I didn't want you on the BOD I'd probably have taken you off by now.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2017, 10:02:13 PM »

It's kind of a weird distinction. The BOD is just a private forum where the LC can get advice from his selected, trusted indviduals. Almost like the presidential cabinet, but for the LC. Opening it and letting everyone talk about it is just making HZ chat the new BOD. And lord know that no one knows how to stay on topic in HZ chat. I'm not against it, but I'm also not sure if it'll have a positive or negative effect. I wouldn't mind trying just to see if it is a good idea.

The non-sensitive topics this past season's were just League Format, Settings, Rulebook Update, and miscellaneous stuff like reminders to switch the leagueseason to playoffs and changing our forum moderator. Waivers and Trading issues were there too, but they won't be an issue this upcoming season. Just to give a sense of what we would actually be making public.

My reasoning for the BOD being public (Read Only) is:

Ideas are created by bouncing things off each other and discussing them. More people taking part = more ideas.

HZ Talk is great and all but its hard to see if your opinions and ideas are being taking seriously or even discussed without being able to see the discussion taking place. It would be encouraging for others to keep participating if they saw an idea they brought up in HZ talk was now being discussed on the BOD.

-

-

-

warrior11

• HZ Media
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2017, 09:02:58 AM »

if ppl cud stfu about parity that wud b gr8. blades was garpige (but improofed n made it thru seasin gj) n every other team cud haf won the cup if they played better/were more consistent n figured things out for longer periods of the season. incase u haf syndrim someone has 2 win a competition, stop cryink if u r losirs, the teams were pretty balanced overall btk was just the most consistint but were clearly beatable by every team xcept blades any givin mitch

ceril if u had sum plans 4 rshl mayb u cud haf vsd announcemint w/ what some of ur goals were n what u wantid 2 get done, ty 4 beink lc u did gud job but mayb u cud haf vsd bettir communicition, cud gif it anothir try n tell lizzirds 2 fuk themselfs

i agree w/ everything u say abvilt is a little girl cry baby scumbig 4 quitting n whinink ofir trade. just play the game its embarassing 2 complain this much about "leadirship" in a fun video game

u call zine toxic when u r beink the poisin/toxin/antibictiril sanitizir. i think u r a gud persin ofirill but u r a huge asshill 4 not being able 2 let things go in a game that is fun 2 play that u haf been vsink for decades. i cant belief u actually think ppl on the bod r biased vs u, and even if they are how can u not jus accept it and get over it. y do u want hz 2 fail?

it takes 0 talint 2 b a gud pirsin at heart 99% of ppl in wirld r gud ppl at the core am sure abvilt n all othir rshl whinirs are gud ppl but u show ur charictir by ur ictions n theres 0 xcuse 4 being this soft as a grown up

Steve Cheese

• Donator
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2017, 09:50:26 AM »

Be more like violence

warrior11

• HZ Media
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2017, 11:43:36 AM »

n jus dont b girl

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Out of Control
  • You have too much free time to care about me
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2017, 11:51:40 AM »

99 players last season, up from 78 the season prior: http://rshl.org/ci/index.php?c=statsview&LS=123&suf=&col=Rating&desc=1&a=50&pub=0&
Fuck off with the idiotic bantering.

gotta love how Goldeye defends himself by taking credit for Weeze's personality and effort.
have you won your blackie yet?

CMdros

• Common Poster
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2017, 12:54:39 PM »

gotta love how Goldeye defends himself by taking credit for Weeze's personality and effort.

I thought he stepped down?

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2017, 04:27:17 PM »

I thought he stepped down?
I'm not (/can't) stepping down until I'm not needed.  Maybe we'll get there before the heat death of the zone.

Also I tripped on the ban-laggo-some-more button.

Nubby> Maybe 2nd

warrior11

• HZ Media
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2017, 05:19:57 PM »

if u ban sum1 from forums cud they still see privit messigis?

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2017, 05:48:12 PM »

Post ban (which he got this time), yes.  Login ban (which he got last time), no.

Nubby> Maybe 2nd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 23 queries.