Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Group Moderation: To edit access to a group you control, go to the Membergroups interface from the Moderate button. If you don't have that option, contact Kilo Dylie with the names of the moderators who should be on your group.

Poll

Compared to previous, is average goalie skill declining?

Yes
- 9 (42.9%)
No
- 12 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: August 09, 2017, 01:31:55 PM

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are goalies getting worse in HZ?  (Read 529 times)

warrior11

• HZ Media
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
Re: Are goalies getting worse in HZ?
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »

max 2 lvl 1 ships in piblic/scrimmich is gr8 idea

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2017, 08:11:37 PM »

That's a stretch, I've scored 40/50+ points a season for 20 billion years, this year I had over 20 goals in a spider. At least say something that has some basis in reality :P
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 09:27:58 PM »

Right, OK for save definition.

S25 had 3471 shots as recorded by skaters vs. 3248 shots against as recorded by Goalies. ~6% of shots are wide of net, recorded as shot, and not recovered by Goalie (at least w/in the Save rectangle).

Please note the following:

Phased and CR goals are shots by shooters and not recorded as saves, this explains the 6% difference.

Shots wide of the net that the goalie saves at a particular angle and shots that hit off the end wall are both recorded as shots by skaters and saves by goalies. In other words, if a goalie records a save then the molecule records it as a shot, no matter if it was actually on net. This therefore doesn't explain the difference in shots/saves as it's actually just an error in code that fucks up what an actual shot on net is.

Shots wide of the net that are not touched by the goalie are not recorded by molecule as shots.

I am not even sure if dc/bdc shots are recorded as actual shots either.

Passing back and forth with skater stat pads shots and saves.

The number of legit shots on net and true saves is far less than stats can tell us. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:25:57 PM by Kula »

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 10:27:46 PM »

Idk if this sounds weird, but I feel like our current shark is more unforgiving than previous iterations. The eyeball test fails here because these easy goals we see scored today would've been been saves simply because of the large difference in prox size.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt the shot power more powerful on the WB, Spider and Terr when the goalie had big prox?

-

-

-

Cereal n Milk

• HZ Media
  • Common Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2017, 11:46:18 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt the shot power more powerful on the WB, Spider and Terr when the goalie had big prox?

From the master change log, the ships have been getting progressively faster and shot powers increased, except for a small levi shot nerf in S18. S16 also saw the addition of slapshots, one timers, and drop passes. Shark did get a speed boost and lanc a prox boost in S16 to try and offset those changes as well.

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2017, 12:18:17 AM »

I don't know about WB but I know spider and terr both had shot power decreases in the early teen seasons and I don't think they've been increased at all since then, if they have it seems pretty negligible

zero seven

• RSFL Captain
  • :D
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2017, 11:38:06 AM »

There is no shot power nerf or buff in early teen seasons according to arnk change log, for any ship.

Global shot power buff in S17.
it's not as if i am the only person on my team with my brain.

Cereal n Milk

• HZ Media
  • Common Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 04:51:49 PM »

There is no shot power nerf or buff in early teen seasons according to arnk change log, for any ship.

Not strictly a shot power buff, but ship top speeds and accelerations were buffed throughout the seasons. Weasel shot power up S11, S13 WB significant speed buff and the speed penalty for holding the puck was halved, S15 ship accelerations were increased, S16 saw slapshots, drop passes, and a universal speed buff. These changes did indirectly buff shot power.

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2017, 06:24:34 PM »

Global shot power buff in S17.

I dont remember when arnk took over, pretty sure it was like s15 or 16 or something, so im not sure how accurate his change log would be for anything before that. I know for a fact spider shot power was nerfed after season 12 or so... That was a season in which Ukillme,White_0men, and myself all scored over 40 points in a single season in spider, and that was a 16 game season I believe... the spider was considered 'OP' because you could score nasty fade goals in it, and the shot power was nerfed shortly after. I believe the same thing happened with the terr but I'm a little less certain, it might have just been a speed nerf or something I guess. But the terr and spider were both considered far superior to the other ships because they were really good offensively and defensively.

Steve Cheese

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2017, 09:36:50 AM »

Yes they are.

Source: I am worse than I was before which was already pretty bad.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 26 queries.