Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Group Moderation: To edit access to a group you control, go to the Membergroups interface from the Moderate button. If you don't have that option, contact Kilo Dylie with the names of the moderators who should be on your group.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hosted Hockey 7/30 10PM - 11:59PM EST  (Read 1231 times)

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Out of Control
  • You have too much free time to care about me
Re: Hosted Hockey 7/30 10PM - 11:59PM EST
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »

Did you really think that post was "inflammatory" by hockey zone's standards? That was me being anti-inflammatory lol.

Sorry I hurt somebodies feelings making a "fooball/hockey zone" joke? Are you really going to quote that post and say I'm attacking people / starting shit? Jesus.

You guys have your head so far up in the clouds it's insane. You've created this perfect bubble for yourself. Congrats.
have you won your blackie yet?

Steve Cheese

• Donator
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »

Almost perfect.  There are still a few lingering challenges we have not been able to sort out

koroshi

• The Last Terrier
  • HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Whore
  • ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ) oh hello
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2017, 01:26:19 PM »

I don't like the new drop pass. I can see certain situations where having a stronger drop pass could speed up the pace of gameplay. It is way over powered currently. Even half the strength would be too much in my opinion. The larger crease is a interesting idea and could work.

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »

Moving on...

I've been on vacation so I haven't been able to test. Are Bucky sweeps still effective with the new crease?

Lawn Dwarf

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2017, 02:26:01 PM »

Moving on...

I've been on vacation so I haven't been able to test. Are Bucky sweeps still effective with the new crease?

yes goalie fuck ups and prox cuts still exist

Yuffie Kisagari

• New Car
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2017, 02:31:42 PM »

Moving on...

It gives more room to react if you screw up and I've saved a couple I'm sure would have been goals with the previous crease.

That being said, I still have them scored on me with alarming regularity on off-days when I'm being bad and reacting slow.

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2017, 03:08:01 PM »

I only played with the larger Crease a few weeks ago but as a goalie I can tell you I felt like I had more command of the CR, empowering really. I'm actually not so sure it's going to help offense but if it opens the game up and we see fewer annoying horse shit prox and cr sitting alike then it's a win-win.

kai-

• DreamTeam
  • Making a Name
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »

I do like the bigger crease. I've only goalie'd a couple games with the change, but to piggyback on what Kula said I do feel a lot less restricted. The drop pass setting definitely adds a new dimension to the game, but like others have said, it's way too strong.

idkidc1233

• Empire's #1 mascot/ROTY Season 52
  • Zep gets 3 pers
  • Common Poster
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2017, 04:17:56 PM »

Not even Linix could save every shot from this crease

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2017, 04:55:15 PM »

Laggo, you are not welcome to participate in HZ civics any longer.  If you do so in an inflammatory manner, you will be banned, and for each time longer than the last.
I'm not sure what else that leaves you to participate in here, but oh well.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2017, 07:22:37 PM »

Laggo, you are not welcome to participate in HZ civics any longer.  If you do so in an inflammatory manner, you will be banned, and for each time longer than the last.
I'm not sure what else that leaves you to participate in here, but oh well.

shut up idiot

people dont need to engage with him, if they do its their fault

-

-

-

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2017, 07:29:49 PM »

No, Leafy, that's how we deal with you.

Sure, it sucks for us idiots who bother to deal with him or you, but when that happens on threads where people actually want to discuss things, it gets in the way.
There's no reason to let people get in the way just so they can get their kicks trolling.
Laggo has burned through more than enough chances.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Lawn Dwarf

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2017, 08:42:32 PM »

GOLDEYE WITH THE HAMMER OF JUSTICE, I LOVE IT

GIFSoup

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2017, 11:38:02 PM »

No, Leafy, that's how we deal with you.

Sure, it sucks for us idiots who bother to deal with him or you, but when that happens on threads where people actually want to discuss things, it gets in the way.
There's no reason to let people get in the way just so they can get their kicks trolling.
Laggo has burned through more than enough chances.

I wish someone would moderate your bullshit

-

-

-

The Cubbies

• Sephiroth clone
  • RSHL Referee
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2017, 09:49:03 AM »

I wish someone would moderate your bullshit

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Has hz ever had a check and/or balance to the powers of the zone owner?  Serious question.
"Does you sister ride the bus?" -Artos

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2017, 10:11:08 AM »

Leafy, there are plenty of causes to take up, but martyring yourself over He Who Shall Not Be Named is really crossing the line.

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2017, 03:13:11 PM »

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Has hz ever had a check and/or balance to the powers of the zone owner?  Serious question.

Not really, most of them were pretty authoritarian to be honest. White_0men was just as bad as Arnk Dylie about that. I remember a bit more collaboration when livewire and bluegoku were in charge, although there were no checks or balances in place to stop bluegoku from making boogieman head ref and creating the most atrocious monster the zone has ever seen.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2017, 03:17:43 PM »

Everyone gets one mulligan

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2017, 05:08:16 PM »

I stopped it with a unanimous ref strike and got golden and silver whistle for my own reign of reffing terror. The checks and balances are the other senior staff. Albeit difficult to stop him - goldeye would have concede he could not actually run everything on his own and have people showing up and playing the game. No one could pull that off and have a job / life.
"I like Fur, and I would expect some good slapshot outlets from him on defense." - Thrill 2011

Yuffie Kisagari

• New Car
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2017, 07:45:01 PM »

I stopped it with a unanimous ref strike and got golden and silver whistle for my own reign of reffing terror. The checks and balances are the other senior staff. Albeit difficult to stop him - goldeye would have concede he could not actually run everything on his own and have people showing up and playing the game. No one could pull that off and have a job / life.

I'd agree with this. Right now HZ has two checks on sysop power - The staff upping and leaving (rendering the zone impotent to run its own league) or the players upping and leaving (leaving the sysop to rule over his fallen kingdom).

Getting Doobie's changes into pub was a fantastic advance. It shows that there's a capability for the zone to change, improve and innovate on the basic gameplay even after 15 odd years. I'm all for giving veterans and high level players the capacity to run with settings and arena changes. Ones that are generally well received can and should be migrated to public arenas to allow for stress testing.

There's still the spectre of random damage looming in the distance, a hill some people have said they don't wish to die upon trying to change or improve against Goldeye's current views. Arguments for and against it are abound and it has been intimated that random damage would have a chance of changing (either removal or significant modification) but for the views of some high level zone staff.

I'd like to see a comprehensive explanation for how the current system works (along with all the nuances and limitations) put in a thread, with people theorycrafting around that framework. There's been many ideas from removal to reworking to slight tweaking. Maybe not this season but the focus of next season should definitely be revisiting and tightening up the zone's damage model providing there's no glaring issues with S26 settings.

And of course finding the answer to the ultimate question of Lanc, the universe and everything.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 18 queries.