Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Team Forums: If you need a RSHL, MSHL, or RSFL team forum, forum PM Kilo Dylie with the name of your team, and who will moderate the board.

Author Topic: Faceoffs in offensive zone  (Read 289 times)

Vega

• Creasers
  • Registered Posting Whore
  • Brooklyn
    • Twitter
Faceoffs in offensive zone
« on: August 02, 2017, 11:15:46 PM »

Howcome we don't use the other circles for penalties, cr/lag goals, etc... center ice faceoff should only be for clean goal or new period.

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
Re: Faceoffs in offensive zone
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 11:56:03 PM »

because in nhl hockey its always a faceoff at center ice the other dots are just for show, same as with us

-

-

-

Blessings_of_Sins

• RSHL Referee
  • Common Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 02:30:52 AM »

Howcome we don't use the other circles for penalties, cr/lag goals, etc... center ice faceoff should only be for clean goal or new period.

I think it's an interesting idea but logistics would be a nightmare, especially with cr/lag goals.  Penalties would be easy as we can do what the nhl does and make it always in the attacking zone.

But if it's a cr/lag goal, where should the faceoff be?  In the attacking zone and reward the attacking team for illegally scoring?  or in the defensive zone and punish the team that didn't know they tanked a shot and score?

RSFL Season 1 : X-Factor
MSHL Season 4 : Baby Seal Killers
2008 Mini Tournament : Barker's Beauties
TWHT Season 2: R&P
RSFL Season 5 : BIG
RSHL Season 24: Salty Puckers

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 06:51:21 AM »

Lag goal - neutral ( as its subjective over who's lag? )
CR shot - neutral.. no goal is punnishment enough
BDC / DC - offensive zone option for attacking team on redrop... Make pens harder?
Other pens - neutral.

Under what situation would you drop on the other side of the ice and benefit what was the defensive team? Timewasting via blatent dunks maybe (isn't that bringing back some kind of OCR pen?)

Anyway seems like a lot of hassle for little gain, the ref and modules would need updating...
"I like Fur, and I would expect some good slapshot outlets from him on defense." - Thrill 2011

The Cubbies

• Sephiroth clone
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 07:34:26 AM »

I've considered this before.  One simple reason for it would be penalties or inadvertant stoppages.

The main problem I saw is how laggy faceoffs are.  It didn't seem wise to put that so close to the net.
"Does you sister ride the bus?" -Artos

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 03:02:51 PM »

I think the biggest issue is we don't have many stoppages outside of goals being scored so why put the time into it?

I post this and then see furry just said same thing.

Vega

• Creasers
  • Brooklyn
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 03:04:21 PM »

I'm imagining cr/lag goal equating to the goalie covering the puck, or it going out of play irl.

At least if theres a stoppage with 5 seconds or so remaining,  the attacking team actually has a chance for a shot on goal on a clean faceoff win.

Blessings_of_Sins

• RSHL Referee
  • Common Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 03:11:09 PM »

I've considered this before.  One simple reason for it would be penalties or inadvertant stoppages.

The main problem I saw is how laggy faceoffs are.  It didn't seem wise to put that so close to the net.

This is actually a very good point.  The lag on faceoffs are quite ridiculous sometimes and it makes it hard to call.  If the majority of faceoffs lag, we could potentially end up in a loop where it's lag goals after lag goals after lag goals since the faceoffs are closer to the net and teams can score easier.  Would be hilarious to watch tough.

RSFL Season 1 : X-Factor
MSHL Season 4 : Baby Seal Killers
2008 Mini Tournament : Barker's Beauties
TWHT Season 2: R&P
RSFL Season 5 : BIG
RSHL Season 24: Salty Puckers

idkidc1233

• Empire's #1 mascot/ROTY Season 52
  • Zep gets 3 pers
  • Common Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 04:16:01 PM »

Well that team isn't always guaranteed to win the faceoff anyways, and plus if the other team can't get into position to defend then it's kinda their fault, isn't it? The only way I see this could be implemented for are phase goals or DCs/BDCs

Hesiod

• herp derp derp
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
  • derp
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »

benbe

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 23 queries.