Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: JustLo's Appeal  (Read 933 times)

Batman

• Making a Name
Re: JustLo's Appeal
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »

Welcum back Justlo, but also fuck urself for being a Johnny come Lately lizard trying to infiltrate the league right before the PLayoffs

With that being said.....Lets stop trying to bend the rules of our only organized/competitive league. I dont give a fuck if hz is on life support, stop using that as an excuse to break the rules cuz the league is starting to look like a fucking circus show.

The Cubbies

• Sephiroth clone
  • Registered Posting Whore
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2017, 12:30:27 PM »

News flash: the appearance of an official, well regulated league is low on the priority list for the current admin.  They aren't necessarily wrong either.  The zone and league are on life support and there's still a lot of shit going on that isn't helping.  You get what you give I suppose.

Allowing JustLo to enter if the captains agree is on par with how things are being run.  It's the best solution for what we have.
"Does you sister ride the bus?" -Artos

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2017, 12:50:35 PM »

IIRC weeze added some people after the roster lock but nobody cared because it was a non-playoff team, probably the plan of action that should be taken here.

Let Justlo get his feet wet on a team where he gets icetime and he can be prepared for next season.

-

-

-

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2017, 02:16:28 PM »

I think all you guys should take a second and think about how Arcadian feels...

When you guys say RSHL is a joke, all calls are bad, you are more or less saying Arcadian is doing a crappy job - he refs nearly every game (less since Thrill got hired!) and also (as I understand) took responsibility for the league after SuperDan ragequit or w/e happened.

But when he tries to enforce a simple rule like the roster lock, the zone riots against him and captains vote to overrule him because its a popular player.

If the Captains vote to let me play for TCK I'm going to play, but when Arcadian told me roster lock already passed I didn't try to appeal it or cause a commotion about it (even though Lawn Dwarf himself tried to recruit me and didn't know it passed, and it wasn't posted on rshl.org ANYWHERE because the post got deleted).

Even though Violence will vote yes because he is that kind of guy, it's not fair to teams like Creasers who put together a complete roster through the season and are now good form going into playoffs.

All captains should vote yes to let us play anyways. Thanks.

have you won your blackie yet?
Lanc Energy:

Shark Energy:

Nerf the prox, Buff accel or make afterburner high risk/high reward, give lanc a slapshot or increase it's shotpwer, fix nrg.

Poseidon

• Common Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2017, 03:01:59 PM »

its pretty fukin whack that we are even having this convo.
1. this is a league w mayb 60 active players where some teams have trouble fielding a full line. this changes the dynamic and function of 'rules'
2. neither of these players have been on a team this season
3. they both came back wanting to play after the season started
4. they are both goalies wanting to go to teams that have had goalie problems due to our low population
5. id rather win a blackie where half of the competeing teams werent majorly handicapped cause we have a few goobers running around with a severe hall monitor complex
6. i was allowed to join the team i wanted to join with 2 games remaining last season (we were still in playoff contention) even tho there was no clearly established waiver priority rule.

but didnt RKDN, in a bout of intense frustration, unlock rosters last nite for 24hrs? so isnt this settled or was that reRACIAL EXPLETIVEed?

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 03:20:46 PM »

I know that a lot of you guys don't have any kind of foresight whatsoever but think about this for a second... Justlo obviously knows quite a few old vets that he has contact with from time to time. Imagine the next time he talks to them and how those conversations might go...

"Yeah fuck hockey zone, I don't know why the fuck I randomly tried to play it again but I showed up intending to be active and play after like 5 years and they said fuck you, if you want to play again you'll have to wait at least a couple of months. I'm instantly going back to insert random video game I was playing, don't bother trying to go back no matter how nostalgic you feel"

or

"Remember the good times we used to have in Hockey Zone? Yeah man, I was feeling nostalgic and randomly checked it out because I had some free time to play and I remembered how much fun RSHL used to be. I didn't think I could play because rosters were locked but they welcomed me back with open arms and got me on a team so I could play as soon as possible, it was awesome. You  and so-and so should definitely come back and play"

And boom, you are instantly creating potential dialogues that might ensure people stay retired for good or might get a couple of other vet players out of retirement. Is it guaranteed to happen? Of course not, he might not end up talking to any of those guys ever again I guess, although that seems unlikely. But when the prospects of having new players join is basically zero you have to take those potential chances that give you an avenue to get players back into the game.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

Pheef

• Common Poster
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 05:16:19 PM »

Quite the assumption to make that Justlo "obviously" keeps in contact with hz'ers..... maybe he sees them at a leather convention? Most people have zero interaction with any HZ'ers outside of HZ. But hey, maybe we should all be taking advice from Thrill on how to build interpersonal relationships. LOL

On a real note, I think Boogie makes some good points. How many people will be alienated by a potential rule breaking (quit trying to call it bending, it's legitimately breaking a set rule) to allow two people to play league? Two people playing the most important position in game that could potentially, completely, noticeably, change how the playoffs turn out? Am I the only one seeing the potential for people getting pissed off if the playoffs turn out a certain way because of this?

But hey, let's just say fuck it and take a page out of Who's Line Is It Anyway and say everything’s made up and the points don’t matter.

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2017, 05:20:01 PM »

Quite the assumption to make that Justlo "obviously" keeps in contact with hz'ers..... maybe he sees them at a leather convention? Most people have zero interaction with any HZ'ers outside of HZ. But hey, maybe we should all be taking advice from Thrill on how to build interpersonal relationships. LOL

Not only is this wildly inaccurate, but yeah, you probably should be.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2017, 05:20:40 PM »

its pretty fukin whack that we are even having this convo.

Pro tip for getting people to listen to things you say: don't say things like that.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Lawn Dwarf

• RSHL Captain
  • Registered Posting Whore
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2017, 05:27:21 PM »

i think if you feel alienated about someone playing spaceship hockey you need to give your head a shake, especially at this point in your life, but point well taken either way pheef.

i think we're talking about the lesser of 2 evils here, i think rule breaking to have boogie and justlo play hz outweighs a roster lock that could have happened at any point in the season.  just my opinion...and again to clarify, i don't care if either of them end up on my team...i think the league is better if we have more people playing.

Poseidon

• Common Poster
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2017, 05:52:21 PM »

Pro tip for getting people to listen to things you say: don't say things like that.

pro tip for being an expressive and vibrant human: say what you feel instead of trying to calculate and manipulate the situation

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2017, 05:59:29 PM »

pro tip for being an expressive and vibrant human: say what you feel instead of trying to calculate and manipulate the situation

Saying "what you feel" in a decision making discussion is not an excuse for communicating in an ineffective (and potentially bothersome) manner.

What you said implies either ignorance or deliberate dismissal of other peoples' stance.  It's like saying "you shouldn't listen to a word I say, but"
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Nubby> Maybe 2nd

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2017, 06:10:43 PM »

Pose makes the best point here. I love how people are coming out of the wood work to say how unfair it would be to have to actually compete against a team at full strength. HCS has had a rotating cast of goaltenders, none of which are actually full time goalies. We've added shiat, who has played goalie regularly in his HZ career, but he has not been as active as he was hoping. Same with incomplete, who I wasn't actually aware was a goalie up until we added him. There is no guarantee that either JustLo or Laggo will actually show up either.

The bottom line is people are putting their own cup aspirations and desire to face lesser competition ahead of doing the right thing. As for all this integrity people are suddenly so worried about, we spent two seasons prior to this one where we allowed a select group of players to dictate personnel moves for other teams. Players were swapped for other players without consulting them, there was no consistency, and some trades were vetoed and others allowed. Where was the asterisk beside the last two cup winners? If allowing two goalies who haven't played competitive HZ in forever to join a team puts your team at risk of not being able to compete, you clearly do not have a lot of confidence that your team can actually compete in the first place.

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2017, 06:12:37 PM »

Anyone insulting others for having either opinion on this are the real assholes...

Here's an update in the interest of transparency.

Let's be real about what we're actually talking about here.
This isn't about "league activity" vs "league integrity". 
We're weighing the chance to a let a couple of people get on a roster and maybe get a couple of periods of RSHL in before the season is over, against the precedent of letting this kind of thing happen.
Making "well, this time, for this person, it's okay" decisions is how things processes turn into a mess.  It's extremely hard to have a fair process for such subjective decisions, as our several attempts at a good trade review process for draft league showed us.
Also, going back on stated rules after they have kicked in is not something to be done lightly in any situation.  It can make the league look and feel like a joke, and that kind of feeling hurts our numbers a lot worse than losing a potential returning player.

That said, the decision to have a hard roster lock was made as the status quo, without much consideration.
This situation has prompted us to reconsider the rule altogether.  I want to thank the folks who broached the subject politely (LD, JustLo, and numerous positive contributors here and on capts board).
The captains have a consensus that it's okay for us to get these people on rosters, and the BOD is wrapping up a discussion of the consequences of various alternatives.

Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Poseidon

• Common Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2017, 06:23:42 PM »

dog, i actually give 0 fuks at the end of the day.  honestly just makes my road 2 blackie prob significantly easier.  you often confuse my sentiment with me actually trying to approach something in the way that would be best to convince ppl of my position. thats not the life im tryin to live. i communicated myself how i wanted effectively: that is, i expressed my angir that in this day and age  our zone is actually having such a whack as fuck conversation. as a bonus i even explained why this situation is frustrating.

wish u would ask yourself W.W.B.D? and side with the voice of the people and take control over this sitsh and put  these here goalies into their homes where they belong

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »

We're weighing the chance to a let a couple of people get on a roster and maybe get a couple of periods of RSHL in before the season is over, against the precedent of letting this kind of thing happen.
Making "well, this time, for this person, it's okay" decisions is how things processes turn into a mess. 

Pose also addressed the precedent point. He was allowed to join a team well past roster lock last season (and with fewer games to go). For that matter, Memo was also allowed to switch teams, which in that case, was to go from an active team to a team that was struggling with inactivity, and he had the blessing of his captain.

Poseidon

• Common Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2017, 06:31:12 PM »

ps

its a stretch to say i was insulting anyone. first, lighten up, i made sum obv jokes. jokes that also were able to subtly convey the angir i feel in regards to the way this sitsh has panned out, which was all i ultimately was trying to express originally. cause this rosterlock convo is whack as fuck

edit: also thx 4 the update and im glad the people have prevailed
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:41:19 PM by Poseidon »

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2017, 06:35:40 PM »

cause this rosterlock convo is whack as fuck
Allowing people to join perpetually late in the season is an obvious vulnerability for malicious action.  Evaluating the risks and rewards isn't whack, it's responsible coordination of a league of 120 people.

Anyway, an announcement already conveyed to the captains and relevant players.
The roster lock is being considered a "soft lock."  Players are no longer allowed to leave their rosters, but new players are welcome to apply and join until the last game of the season.
The LC has the right to refuse anyone joining after the roster lock based on impact to the league and evidence of funny business; think ALR.

Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Leafy

• BEND THE KNEE
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2017, 06:42:45 PM »

Saying "what you feel" in a decision making discussion is not an excuse for communicating in an ineffective (and potentially bothersome) manner.

What you said implies either ignorance or deliberate dismissal of other peoples' stance.  It's like saying "you shouldn't listen to a word I say, but"

Hey, can you fuck off and stop derailing the topic at hand?

Give yourself some warning points or even a 1 day forum ban, thanks.

-

-

-

Poseidon

• Common Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2017, 06:44:40 PM »

ya but to me this convo has legit been whack as fuck.  does that make any more sense?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:50:36 PM by Poseidon »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 17 queries.