Subspace Hockey/Football Zone Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:29:20 PM 
Started by BlueGoku - Last post by Weeze
You're right. It'd be fun but that's not really the priority.

on: Today at 12:28:34 PM 
Started by BlueGoku - Last post by Leafy
Ah Fantasy Sports! Lets direct effort everywhere but the RSHL!

We cant even get our website fixed. Lets concentrate on the league.

on: Today at 12:12:31 PM 
Started by Thrill HZ - Last post by warrior11
gr8 wirk psycho t, shud i vs viop hz memories or n

on: Today at 11:32:18 AM 
Started by BlueGoku - Last post by warrior11
cud fuk u in ne fantasy sport/daily fantasy sport 0 effirt weeze

furthirmore theres a site or sites out there where u cud make ur own fantasy games for anything. u set it up how u want snake draft/salary cap or watever settings u want. i guess 4 hz the only manual work wud b 2 put in every1s stats

on: Today at 11:09:49 AM 
We could have prizes for the winner. A commemorative RSHL t-shirt, stickers, things like that?

Side note: Blades members at our first win: I will be getting you those t-shirts eventually. I'm moving though so I'm kinda broke.

Anyway, back on topic: are we making a new poll?

on: Today at 11:06:50 AM 
Started by BlueGoku - Last post by zero seven
We basically had this already in '09 or '10? You had a starting budget, and when you selected players for the week on a Monday or something like that and you picked your top 6 players by expected rating. If you did well you gained additional budget. This made anyone who didnt participate or win in week 1 just fall farther and farther behind.

Quote from Furry:
"A system to replace sika's which had a scary amount of back-end code apparently.... would be great. If you get it working i'v got some spreadsheets in place that work out performance indexes based on league averages i was using for other shit in past I could probably run players through it and generate you some starting Salary figures. But only when IT WORKS as it would be time consuming.

Sika's was nt quite so complex - it had no hard salary cap you started with X money and if you made money then you could have whoever you wanted basically in your team by the end of the season!
I liked that system, however perhaps a 5/10% transaction tax could take some "wealth" back out of the system. Also seems simpler to code and understand, than worry about % Bonus's You already have the complicated multiple salary / player depending on position played to sort."

Unfortunately this snowball effect plus no cap  removes all of the fun part of fantasy, which is finding the value picks. It was not super popular, either for this reason or just because there was no reward. Similar to the prediction function that is still on our website but not used at all (which I guess Weeze is the exception).

Don't worry though, we've got a huge volunteer code army who will get to work on it.

http://rshl.org/forums/index.php/topic,30110.msg429474.html#msg429474

on: Today at 10:40:19 AM 
Do traditional but have hz fantasy league or leagues that is/are draft. You keep the most fun element of draft (the draft and analyzing the draft) without all the bullshit. Can have trades and all sorts of other shit too. Will encourage people to watch games because it may affect their standing in fantasy league. I think it would be awesome to have random people screaming in blue chat at people to step it up cause they are screwing with their fantasy points (not sarcastic, I miss days of raucous blue chat during games). Drafting an inactive player will still suck but since your fantasy team will probably be players from multiple team in playing league you will always have points coming in. Perhaps most importantly, this could be a fun activity for people to do without screaming themselves horse on pedals/collusion/random shit because it would matter even less than an e-trophy in a game that less than 500 human beings have ever heard of.

I love this idea. I'm terrible at HZ but I am great at fantasy sports. It'd be a lot of coding for someone but mannnn this would be fun. You could do a weekly pick em like Togga fantasy soccer. Or a daily league if we found some way to assign a $ valuation to players.

Who wants to code this? I'll put some money into it. Can we hire someone maybe?

on: Yesterday at 08:29:52 PM 
Started by Thrill HZ - Last post by awu
- when i tricked everyone into thinking i was a new player when i was actually a seasoned veteran with 2 hours of play from when i was still in high school

on: Yesterday at 08:03:15 PM 
Started by Thrill HZ - Last post by Thrill HZ
didnt read batman2s post cuz he has talked about this endlessly for like 2 years but he had 75% save percentage all year (not solid) and was awful in the games he played in the playoffs

Yeah cocain I forgot to put that in there I actually meant 2

-Outer puck MSHL season 2 I benched cocain in the third period and he got pissed off for not playing 36 minutes a game in the mshl and he threw a hissy fit and went to Inner Puck. Then Rukus had some talk with me about why wouldnt I play cocain 36 minutes a game and cut our affiliation. Meanwhile looking back on that team : Thrill,zeppelin,D Money,Catch 22, think there were some others too. lulz.

on: Yesterday at 07:28:00 PM 
Started by Thrill HZ - Last post by Rinnegan
I was on that VP team too, will say bm2 was solid for us all season long incluiding playoffs save for that game 1 vs bsk

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 12 queries.