Hockey/Football Zone Forums (Subspace | Continuum)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Settings Day Test 1: Results  (Read 2436 times)

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
Re: Settings Day Test 1: Results
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 06:31:52 PM »

(not saying lancaster is a bad thing but I don't think it's something we're trying to encourage.)

then why is it in the game?!

this is the point i am trying to make; if you don't want the ship and the pilots that fly it fit on less than one hand than why even keep it?

I am retiring anyway so you might as well scrap the ship with me
have you won your blackie yet?
Lanc Energy:

Shark Energy:
Nerf the prox, Buff accel or make afterburner high risk/high reward, give lanc a slapshot or increase it's shotpower, fix nrg

Arnk Kilo Dylie

• Balancing Act
  • Executor
  • Out of Control
  • There's some intention behind the placement.
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 08:15:07 PM »

Guess we need to spell out the context inside the thread for The Boogieman.

It's not what we're trying to encourage with this test.

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »

Yeah, I guess it'd be kind of silly to test 50% of the goalie ships with offensive changes. My bad.

All I've read in this thread is "We didn't see any lancasters" / "Lets not talk about the Lancaster right now" / "This change would make shark real interesting to play"....

You don't see a problem with that when you are talking about 0 delay slapshots? I'm just bringing this up because this is exactly what happened with the net increase (shark would be more interesting to play, offense will have more options) which hurt the Lanc a ton and made Blitzsturm quit.

Sorry if it seems like I only ever write paragraphs on the Lancaster but at this point there is nobody left who's had to play it in pretty much all it's incarnations and the only one in almost the last decade to actually win with it. Maybe there is value in that perspective? Maybe it's worth discussing what you want the Lancaster to be - because I don't see it yet and I see it phased out even more than it is now with the direction this is heading. I understand these are not meant to be all encompassing changes and some problems are worth addressing later - but that's different than not considering it at all.

Maybe I'm the only one who cares anymore.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 11:13:09 AM by The Boogieman »
have you won your blackie yet?
Lanc Energy:

Shark Energy:
Nerf the prox, Buff accel or make afterburner high risk/high reward, give lanc a slapshot or increase it's shotpower, fix nrg

Cereal n Milk

• HZ Media
  • Common Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »

I played with the lancaster somewhat briefly. It seemed to suffer from the same problems as it has before, and maybe even has a slight advantage when it comes to no-delay slapshots as it's easier to cut off angles and you don't have to rely on reflexes. The big problem was that this was pretty much pub. I'd like to see it in a scrim or rshl setting and see how it performs. I'm not the best lanc pilot, but I did play it for a season my first year, all the way back in S17.

Cwolf

• BEND THE KNEE
  • Common Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 08:22:03 PM »

the test consisted of goldeye turning off the slap shot delay and letting people do whatever they wanted. entire zone was informed and invited. no lanc players showed up unfortunately
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.