Hockey/Football Zone Forums (Subspace | Continuum)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Group Moderation: To edit access to a group you control, go to the Membergroups interface from the Moderate button. If you don't have that option, contact Kilo Dylie with the names of the moderators who should be on your group.

Author Topic: Continuum on Mac OS X High Sierra  (Read 128 times)

gilder

• Terrier Pilot
  • Making a Name
  • Gekko lizard
Continuum on Mac OS X High Sierra
« on: November 26, 2017, 10:58:19 PM »

I have had some problems since I updated to High Sierra. But I have solved all of them, so I'd like to share them with you.

Continuum doesn't start. Yey, one league game missed there. Solution: Upgrade your wine. I think I did it with wineskin. I did a lot of stuff so I'm not 100% sure what fixed it. Anyway, the old Continuum 0.40b app started working again.

Lagouts every 10 mins. Yey, lagged out 3 times in a league game as a goalie. Solution: Disable location services while you play. Processes airportd and locationd appear every ~10 mins to update your location. Might be because of Where Is My Mac or some other feature like that.

Ok, I'm back in business!

Who is Lorik?

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
Re: Continuum on Mac OS X High Sierra
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 08:11:19 AM »

Thanks Gilder, I think Stryke was having a similar issue.

zero seven

• RSFL Captain
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • :D
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 02:45:11 PM »

Good idea on disabling location services.

I was able to use Porting Kit after struggling to get Wine to work when I switched to High Sierra.
it's not as if i am the only person on my team with my brain.

Stryke

• RSHL Referee
  • Common Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 06:29:41 PM »

Hey, yeah I had this same issue last night -- solution for me was pretty simple once I found a forum post on a completely unrelated game:

1. Go to Continuum 0.40b.app in your Applications folder, right click, and hit Show Package Contents
2. Open Wineskin
3. Hit "Set Screen Options"
4. Uncheck Auto Detect GPU Info for Direct3D

This had the incidental side-effect of also fixing my FPS issue (I was being capped at 30), which I appreciated.

Rinnegan

• : D
  • HZ Media
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • : D
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »

mine gives me error that says I can't not only open a read only from a dmg or wtv
bobbarker such an asshole, here we are trying to console linix over the death of his real pet, and you bring up mother fucking cats of all things

who cares if your cats die they're cats, i didnt cry when my pet fish

stevewhitmer

• RSFL Board of Directors
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »

Hey, yeah I had this same issue last night -- solution for me was pretty simple once I found a forum post on a completely unrelated game:

1. Go to Continuum 0.40b.app in your Applications folder, right click, and hit Show Package Contents
2. Open Wineskin
3. Hit "Set Screen Options"
4. Uncheck Auto Detect GPU Info for Direct3D

This had the incidental side-effect of also fixing my FPS issue (I was being capped at 30), which I appreciated.

I moved to my laptop as I was having this same FPS issue. I'll give this a shot. Thanks!

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.