Hockey/Football Zone Forums (Subspace | Continuum)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll



Remove Asspass
- 18 (47.4%)
Leave It How It Is
- 20 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Asspass Poll  (Read 1113 times)

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
Re: Asspass Poll
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 06:39:51 PM »

Can we get it implemented during intermissions as well in ?go rshl?

Bopmem2

• Developer
  • Making a Name
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 12:11:28 AM »

Every other ship has had an OP season. Let this be the terrs. Even though it has utility in every ship, lets be honest, ya'll are too snobby about your playstyle to ever practice it enough to learn it.

idkidc1233

• Not playing
  • Zep gets 3 pers
  • Common Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 12:56:52 AM »

It's funny because ass pass is "unfair" yet is probably one of the hardest things to utilize correctly. How many times have people tried ass passing but just results in a turnover or a game of fetch?

Also, it's kind of odd how goalies seem to forget often that a terr can easily ass shot sweep.

warrior11

• HZ Media
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 10:59:48 AM »

i cant use it because of my keyboard formation, haf no issue with drop piss/backhand i just belief its a little too fast @ this junctire

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 12:30:07 PM »

May not work for pshots either, slap was broken at one year all-stars, probably after I humliminated half the goalies in its inception year.
"I like Fur, and I would expect some good slapshot outlets from him on defense." - Thrill 2011

warrior11

• HZ Media
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 01:43:55 PM »

i wud haf to change my arrow keys from the arrows to like gtfh or asdw and am not apil 2 fly propirly. mayb i cud try changink my shootink/speed birst/asspiss to lettir keys such as asd or something furthirmore who wants 2 hold ppl accountibil 4 vsink syndrim asspissink in scrimmich/public ppl cud play how they want and yis it does bail ppl out when they are trapped in our rshl mitch gildeye was about 2 get speared by 4 playirs n give up 4v0 breakaway but she jus asspissis to a teamm8 4 scorink chince. dunno if thats gud or bad thing. i said i haf no problim with it i just think it shudnt b as powirfil as it is now. whatever though its a fun featire 4 many playirs

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2018, 01:46:36 PM »

I use right hand arrows and have no problem with asspass on left hand.... Use same finger as slapshot on any key near slapshot and Vs some dexterity, although you can fake slap super fast asspass, hardly a standard move.
"I like Fur, and I would expect some good slapshot outlets from him on defense." - Thrill 2011

idkidc1233

• Not playing
  • Zep gets 3 pers
  • Common Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2018, 04:28:36 PM »

When you have slap shot on tab and ass pass on alt, all I get is a minimized window fu

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2018, 04:36:48 PM »

slow down the terrier asspass and it's not as big of a problem

give it to a ship that could actually need it to make it relevant, like the jav maybe

if you slow it down it's not nearly as abusable though

have you won your blackie yet?

Doris Burke

Goldeye

• Local Moderator
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2018, 05:10:23 PM »

FWIW, it's basically too late to change this substantially, considering the season is about to start. 
Even if terr asspass is overpowered, it does not appear to be so overpowered that we'd consider it broken, and thus not worth delaying the season nor making emergency mid-season changes.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2018, 05:16:58 PM »

Season starts on Sunday

If Doobie wanted to adjust this, 4+ days seems like plenty of time to me. This isn't such a huge change you need a whole 'nother week of preseason to test.

Kind of shady when the zone owner deletes all my posts on the subject and then leaves up the last one to say "sorry, you waited too long to discuss this first" - but that's none of my business

Wasn't asspass put it after the preseason last year as it is? I might be mis-remembering that.

Doris Burke

Batman

• Common Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2018, 05:24:38 PM »

Ass pass makes the game more fun/challenging. Its brings a real life sports element to our 2d spaceship game. The element of surprise/being able to backhand pass/no look pass/behind the back pass/back heel pass....all of these are elements/skills that higher awareness/iq players use in real life sports to get them out of hot situations or to create a play if needed. Of course its lame to get an ass pass goal scored on u or to get sm0kt by players who are good at setting up offensive plays using ass pass, but its really no different than in real life sports the goalie&defense has to anticipate clever/tricky/creative players. Since this is 2d and scoring goals between the goalies legs or chipping the goalie arent possible....this adds another realistic dimension to the offense/game and also makes it more rewarding for defenders/goalies to actually focus to make a defensive stop instead of just being in the way

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:32:08 PM by Batman »

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2018, 05:55:54 PM »

Terrier was least used and dead ship pre asspass, it's getting love again... Let it shine. Jav with ass pass.. and freebie tanking and powerfuk the d bullets.. rly..seems fair.. can't be srs??? Just no.

Try and use caps lock for drop pass...

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2018, 06:14:34 PM »

Terrier is arguably the best ship right now even if asspass is removed from everybody... weird if people think it "needs the love"

Same thing with people who keep saying stuff along the lines of "the defense shouldn't just be able to be in the way" like that is a negative...

Doris Burke

warrior11

• HZ Media
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2018, 07:37:23 PM »

cud we haf sum sort of stit 2 measire who is top asspissir such as asspissis used asspiss completion percintige asspiss turnofirs asspiss g cls asspiss assists etc. if u implimintid this efery1 wud try 2 b top asspissir in hz and wud haf the most ridiculous game play i efir c but wud b funny aswill

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2018, 08:59:28 PM »

Terrier is not even close to being the best ship, the spider is better defensively, almost every other ship including the lev is better offensively. The terr is able to be serviceable on both ends without a lot of difficulty because it's hard to mess up, however, that comes with the trade off of less potential impact. Obviously if you are playing well or better than others you will still have a good performance in terr, but any performance you put forth in the terr is mainly due to personal play and you would probably put forward an even better performance in another ship, or at least a comparable performance, which means the ship itself doesn't really offer any advantages. If you remove the ass pass there is probably almost no reason to even play the terrier at all unless you're a new player who has trouble controlling or contributing in any of the other ships.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

Leafy

• ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 01:59:41 PM »

FWIW, it's basically too late to change this substantially, considering the season is about to start. 
Even if terr asspass is overpowered, it does not appear to be so overpowered that we'd consider it broken, and thus not worth delaying the season nor making emergency mid-season changes.

Rushes S26 with settings nobody tested.

Proclaims it too late to start S27 settings changes

;D

-

-
-

Goldeye

• Local Moderator
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 02:33:50 PM »

Rushes S26 with settings nobody tested.

Proclaims it too late to start S27 settings changes

;D

^ Unacceptable post on this board.  Also, incorrect facts and bad logic.  This is the only warning.  If it's too much effort to block you from this board you will just get a forum ban.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Acido

• Proxcut OP
  • Making a Name
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2018, 10:07:05 PM »

Asspass? You mean assshot?

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 27 queries.