Hockey/Football Zone Forums (Subspace | Continuum)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Group Moderation: To edit access to a group you control, go to the Membergroups interface from the Moderate button. If you don't have that option, contact Kilo Dylie with the names of the moderators who should be on your group.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Playoff picture  (Read 1242 times)

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
Re: Playoff picture
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 02:04:31 PM »

Doobie, I dont think SD have viewed this thread yet. If they are tied with Cya I'm pretty sure they will point to that tiebreaker LOL

The Cubbies

• Sephiroth clone
  • Registered Posting Whore
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2018, 02:25:36 PM »

Yeah you are giving people way too much credit doobie.

I'll start it.  Aren't you doing quite a flip-flop? Within the same page on a thread, you started by being upset about mid-season rule changes, and now joining the club that is saying the rule should be changed mid season.  =/
"Does you sister ride the bus?" -Artos
"Cubs that makes you the best of all time, congrats." - Rage

Leafy

• ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2018, 02:26:29 PM »

I thought Doobie was being sarcastic lol

-

-
-

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 03:28:31 PM »

I'm assuming that the original logic when that was written into the rules... which was definitely like 5-10 years ago, that's been in there forever... was that if two teams are tied the one that has been more active and showed up to games deserves the spot. Obviously there are always extenuating circumstances, as Doobie said I don't think anyone would view the cya situation as a normal forfeit situation since at one point they had at least 5 rostered guys that were at the match, and I would assume the original spirit of that rule was more to prevent some team that had just straight up showed no people to a match on multiple occasions from getting into the playoffs on a tiebreaker and potentially no showing a playoff match. I don't really make decisions on my own, but as LC I certainly wouldn't plan on knocking CYA out of a tiebreaker due to a forfeit because of the unusual circumstances, and I doubt the BOD would give much opposition on that.

I think that some people don't really remember things that well, because I will tell you with absolute certainty that there actually used to be a reasonable amount of forfeits and two goal mercies back in the day, even when the population was more active than it is now... In fact, I feel supremely confident in saying that modern HZ has WAY less no shows and 2 goal mercies than throughout the entire teen seasons of RSHL. That might have been why they revised the rule around season 15 or whenever it was to include forfeits into the tiebreaker rules when they were a little more common than they are now.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 03:34:26 PM »

I'll start it.  Aren't you doing quite a flip-flop? Within the same page on a thread, you started by being upset about mid-season rule changes, and now joining the club that is saying the rule should be changed mid season.  =/

Yeah you got me there Cubs. Let's actually breakdown the situation though:

Player easily gets around both the spirit and rules of draft, and as a result CYA has to take a forfeit. CYA 0 other teams 1
Rule gets changed so that no other team has to worry about stupid forfeit situations in a league where it's mostly 6 or 7 guys that show to games. CYA 0 other teams 2
Exact same team that fucks us is in another situation where the opposing team does not have enough. Forfeit is granted no questions asked. CYA 0 other teams 3
CNM points out that because of the forfeit, which literally no other team in the league can possibly be charged with anymore since the in-season rule change, CYA now automatically loses all tiebreakers. CYA 0 other teams 4

Is that about right? Huge flip-flopper over here, got me there. Can anyone think of any other ways CYA can get fucked this season so we can keep things status quo for Cubs?

EDIT:

I'm assuming that the original logic when that was written into the rules... which was definitely like 5-10 years ago, that's been in there forever... was that if two teams are tied the one that has been more active and showed up to games deserves the spot. Obviously there are always extenuating circumstances, as Doobie said I don't think anyone would view the cya situation as a normal forfeit situation since at one point they had at least 5 rostered guys that were at the match, and I would assume the original spirit of that rule was more to prevent some team that had just straight up showed no people to a match on multiple occasions from getting into the playoffs on a tiebreaker and potentially no showing a playoff match. I don't really make decisions on my own, but as LC I certainly wouldn't plan on knocking CYA out of a tiebreaker due to a forfeit because of the unusual circumstances, and I doubt the BOD would give much opposition on that.

That is appreciated.

I think that some people don't really remember things that well, because I will tell you with absolute certainty that there actually used to be a reasonable amount of forfeits and two goal mercies back in the day, even when the population was more active than it is now... In fact, I feel supremely confident in saying that modern HZ has WAY less no shows and 2 goal mercies than throughout the entire teen seasons of RSHL. That might have been why they revised the rule around season 15 or whenever it was to include forfeits into the tiebreaker rules when they were a little more common than they are now.

This is 100% true. I was only referring to myself, I can't recall being on a team that actually had to take a forfeit. Maybe a late postponement or something, but I just can't recall that affecting me ever before, which is the reason why I was surprised at the rule. It's never been something I've had to actually look at and worry about. That's all I was saying.

The rule was likely reasonable in the past, I mean Darkslayers were perennial forfeiters/no-showers but they also had competitive rosters. Fairly likely that at some point or another that tie-breaker was close to having to actually be used. We're well past those days now though, most teams are lucky to show 6 or 7 guys to a match.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:41:05 PM by BlueGoku »

kai-

• DreamTeam
  • RSHL Captain
  • Making a Name
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 04:47:58 PM »

If we end up tied with CYA, you can ignore the forfeit. Obviously it’s LC/bod call.

memorize

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2018, 06:30:11 PM »

but who gets the W?
what's this thread about?

The Cubbies

• Sephiroth clone
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2018, 07:02:32 PM »

"Does you sister ride the bus?" -Artos
"Cubs that makes you the best of all time, congrats." - Rage

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2018, 07:28:04 PM »

If we end up tied with CYA, you can ignore the forfeit. Obviously it’s LC/bod call.

I appreciate that. Unfortunately that doesn't matter because you guys have the win in the one game that was played.

Flew

• Sour Dumplings
  • Making a Name
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2018, 12:02:43 AM »

!!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:20:48 AM by Flew »

Flew

• Sour Dumplings
  • Making a Name
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2018, 12:20:09 AM »

I appreciate that. Unfortunately that doesn't matter because you guys have the win in the one game that was played.

We're most likely replaying this game vs you guys BG. Just waiting on a few more responses from teammates. You mind letting Vflex play 3 periods though?

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2018, 11:50:09 AM »

That'd be cool, obviously we would really appreciate a chance to face you guys at full strength.

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2018, 12:18:20 PM »

Guys the thembreaker rule means least forfeit wins.  Duh.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Leafy

• ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2018, 02:24:28 PM »

I wonder how we could make the parity more even? I wonder if there is a team that has an advantage before the draft even starts?

Every team still qualified for playoffs with 3 games left.

We need more parity.

-

-
-

cocain

• RSHL Captain
  • Making a Name
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2018, 03:14:03 PM »

can someone please keep this up to date daily. i dont want to have to think about the playoff possibility chances everyday cuz it hurts my brain. i wonder how much that tie last night fucked everything up. so can a stats guy (ahem leafy) please be on top of this thread on a daily basis. k thx

jalrix

• Making a Name
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2018, 03:18:19 PM »

Every team still qualified for playoffs with 3 games left.

We need more parity.

Yes it's nice having every team in the playoff hunt, I agree. The only thing I am going to nitpick is the reason we do draft league is for Parity and it's almost perfect. In most forms of a draft ( think fantasy football) the person picking the team is usually a non-player. When you have the outright #1 pick (and if you don't believe he would be the #1 pick you are either biased or dumb) as a player-captain, it surely gives them an advantage. You are probably going to say I'm whining or somehow blow smoke to this, but the proof is out there with the last few draft seasons.

I think someone else has brought this up, but the only way we can get true parity is a non-biased draft order of each player and the captain would have to pick themselves during the round they would otherwise be chosen if they weren't a captain.
http://rshl.org/zilla/lgroster.htm

Can you guess how many teams I am on?

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2018, 03:42:29 PM »

I'm pretty sad to see a team have 3 first round picks.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

Doobie

• RSHL Referee
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2018, 03:50:29 PM »

I'm pretty sad to see a team have 3 first round picks.

Rage, Buck Cat, and Superdan?

African panda

• RSHL Referee
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • J-Walking> bsk is no fun in any aspect
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2018, 03:53:05 PM »

One of these teams is not like the others

http://i66.tinypic.com/2mowp5g.jpg
Viop> fuk pindi/cnm/zipplin/d$/all othir bsk dikstirs such as joe sikic geezir n othir bsk dikstirs
Bopmen2> if bsk wins blackie, I would probably give AP the credit
KoR> panda cares way too much about this game, if he could choke out a baby for an extra period i think he would

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2018, 05:12:43 PM »

So you mean there is a #1 team in this season just like all the other seasons? How bizarre
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 24 queries.