Hockey/Football Zone Forums (Subspace | Continuum)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: make accel great again  (Read 547 times)

Poseidon

• The Top Rope
  • Common Poster
make accel great again
« on: June 14, 2018, 10:30:02 AM »

settings are chill, not trying to stir the pot too much here.

would just like to put one thing forward for consideration:

remove the global -10% nerf to accel that was added last season. there is no benefit gained from this change and it made the gameplay feel less fluid and smooth.. like, makng certain moves and the movement options when one is trying to juke or go in on defense feels a little stunted - the general sense of movement and maneuvering just feels slightly off, and there isnt much benefit that can be claimed as consequence of this -10% nerf

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
Re: make accel great again
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 10:35:25 AM »

it's the opposite, 15% was better than 10%.

The game was way less laggier and you could actually abuse defensive positioning/decisions with good reactionary passing (10% has been way better than 0% for this as well, part of the reason our team could play such a reset heavy possession style game in the finals). The faster the game/puck is the more phasing we see in general and the less likely you can take advantage of the split second a defender say chooses to lunge without having predicted in advance.

Asspass sucks too. But I hear we aren't changing shit so whatever.
have you won your blackie yet?

Doris Burke

Poseidon

• The Top Rope
  • Common Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 10:46:21 AM »

boogie could u plz not post in this thread? thx b

also wanna voice:  +1 on skipping any kind of world cup and going straight into preseason.  a cup coulda been coo but it should have started during the playoffs

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 10:47:04 AM »

you realize nobody cares about this kind of argument coming from either of us, neither of us are important dude

you're in this boat with me pal.
have you won your blackie yet?

Doris Burke

zero seven

• RSFL Captain
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • :D
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 11:21:37 AM »

you realize nobody cares about this kind of argument coming from either of us, neither of us are important dude

They’re becoming self-aware!
it's not as if i am the only person on my team with my brain.

Poseidon

• The Top Rope
  • Common Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 12:16:02 PM »

They’re becoming self-aware!

you’re long overdue

Poseidon

• The Top Rope
  • Common Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 12:45:35 PM »

for the record, i dun care enuff to enter into some debate abt this, but wanted to at least bring the point up as itd be an easy way to make movement and gameplay feel a little more fluid and cohesive.  and it wouldnt require any testing as we already know its just a return to the original settings...

i.e: its a return to a global setting that every other setting has been balanced against for however many seasons.  huge global changes like that are always gonna risk throwing off the feel of the game, and im def not the only one that felt it and disliked it last season, even if everyone has forgotten at this point.  lowering the top speed globally had way less impact on the subtler mechanics of the gameplay, accel is a diff story and i hope its not difficult for peeps to understand why

Leafy

• ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »

leave the settings
change the settings

dont care

will still win

-

-
-

IGGY

• Geriatric Puck
  • Making a Name
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 01:09:53 PM »

sounds like you're still a bit punch drunk after what little rocket man did to you last season.

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 01:33:56 PM »

Pose, You spent like 2 months saying how the new settings were going to destroy the warbird and it ended up being a good ship in the new settings. Maybe it's time to look back on your arguments and realize you were a little off with your assessment of how the settings work.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

Leafy

• ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 01:35:15 PM »

Pose, You spent like 2 months saying how the new settings were going to destroy the warbird and it ended up being a good ship in the new settings. Maybe it's time to look back on your arguments and realize you were a little off with your assessment of how the settings work.
Eh, it was more of less the same.

Doesn't matter like I said. Best players will always be the best players.

-

-
-

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 01:42:31 PM »

I felt like the ship itself had a bit more of an impact than previous season, maybe it was more of the same, i'm not a warbird expert. For sure though it definitely wasn't worse, and the guy argued the settings change was going to make the warbird an unviable ship. Point is he shouldn't continue to spew the same settings shit when his opinion was basically already proven wrong by the results of the season.

memorize

• Registered Posting Whore
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 01:45:33 PM »

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! fuck. thanks for that one
what's this thread about?

idkidc1233

• Not playing
  • Zep gets 3 pers
  • Common Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 02:12:08 PM »

Well the goalieship was also nerfed which was an indirect buff to the wb anyways.

The only difference I felt was the proxes were smaller and people were able to make more unbelievable passes that wouldn't have been possible in previous seasons.

Leafy

• ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »

Well the goalieship was also nerfed which was an indirect buff to the wb anyways.

Yeah no other ships benefited from that, also how much of a goalie nerf was there anyways? IIRC we rolled back most of the goalie changes?

-

-
-

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 02:35:40 PM »

Well since most of the changes were global most of the buffs are technically indirect. But some numbers are pretty statistically significant.

Compare season 26 and season 27 on the ship usage sheet.

Warbird shot percentage: 16.67 up to 24.15
Javelin shot percentage: 20.54 up to 24.69
Spider shot percentage: 15.11 up to 17.37
Levi shot percentage: 11.88 to 12.50
Terr shot percentage: 15.54 to 22.22
Weasel: 19.16 to 24.89

I've also looked at some information for steals and other information and some warbirds who are traditionally offensive players went way up in steal numbers this season. There are a lot of variables that impact stats so you can't really make a conclusive claim on one season of information, but you can definitely make arguments from it. Based on that info it does appear that warbird and terrier got a larger benefit from the settings changes than other ships. Since it's been argued in the past several seasons that wb and terrier could potentially use a little buff you can even argue the settings changes helped balance out the settings in that regard. I'm glad warbird and terr are performing a bit better as ships personally, the only thing I would probably put a caveat on is that warbird shot percentage being so comparable to the shot power ships is something to keep an eye on.

In terms of goalie I'd argue that it was more of a defensive nerf than a goalie nerf. I think the goalie ship itself is fine, playoffs showed when teams are playing defense it's still a good ship. but the ship struggles more if the team isn't playing defense or helping out the goalie like they are supposed to. Since it's a team sport I consider that to be completely reasonable and working as intended. If your team is playing shitty defense you should be having a tough time.

Leafy

• ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 03:21:46 PM »

Well since most of the changes were global most of the buffs are technically indirect. But some numbers are pretty statistically significant.

Compare season 26 and season 27 on the ship usage sheet.

Warbird shot percentage: 16.67 up to 24.15
Javelin shot percentage: 20.54 up to 24.69
Spider shot percentage: 15.11 up to 17.37
Levi shot percentage: 11.88 to 12.50
Terr shot percentage: 15.54 to 22.22
Weasel: 19.16 to 24.89

the only thing I would probably put a caveat on is that warbird shot percentage being so comparable to the shot power ships is something to keep an eye on.

I mean even if their shot %'s are the same they all have things they are better at.

Either way, 1 season is too little to draw any conclusions from. Teams were completely different.

-

-
-

kai-

• DreamTeam
  • RSHL Captain
  • Making a Name
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 07:06:32 PM »

Can we please buff Jav slightly this season please. Not asking for anything drastic, but that ship was near unplayable last season. Only a handful of people played it.

Leafy

• ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 07:37:29 PM »

Can we please buff Jav slightly this season please. Not asking for anything drastic, but that ship was near unplayable last season. Only a handful of people played it.

Jav is a high skill ship with high rewards.

I don't think buffing the Jav is a good idea. If it's played correctly it adds a dynamic that no other ship has.

-

-
-

NCVinyl

• RSHL Captain
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • Mensa 125
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 08:09:39 PM »

Jav is a high skill ship with high rewards.

I don't think buffing the Jav is a good idea. If it's played correctly it adds a dynamic that no other ship has.

if jagr couldn't play it.
RN
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.