Hockey/Football Zone Forums (Subspace | Continuum)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: do you guys just not play anymore?  (Read 3092 times)

SuperDan

• Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • freezeem.ytmnd.com
Re: do you guys just not play anymore?
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2018, 06:36:19 PM »

I need some diagrams... we already have an unused 4v4 mini arena and the person suggesting this for activity can't even stay on for one full scrim game even when hes selected.

People don't play because they don't want to.. those that do, manage to play a game or 2 before others are done with playing and theres no one left to play

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2018, 06:47:02 PM »

I think the pub arena should be:

- 4v4 hop in mini
- 4v4 scrim queue on a ~75% size rink
- 6v6 hop in pub (pubqueue)
- 6v6 scrim queue on RSHL rink

After thinking about it, I do think Viop is on to something about a more organized 4v4 mode. There does seem to be a gap between when 7-9 people are ready to play (often stuck in pub halfcourt), and when the 14-15~ necessary to keep a healthy scrim queue going are alive. But entirely replacing 6v6 scrim is the wrong approach. There needs to be some kind of way to play an "rshlesque" game, which is what scrim provides. Having 6v6 pub be the only 6v6 mode in the default arena doesn't sound great to me.

The best of both worlds is getting rid of the 2nd pub rink for a competitive 4v4 game. It gives the goalies / players more action around the net and is easier to start up.

I assume pub would start, latecomers would fill comp. mini, and then when you have 16-17 people scrim becomes a viable option without playing the same team over and over.

I do see people fooling around in the 4v4 pub mini rink occasionally, more than the 2nd pub rink at least.

have you won your blackie yet?

Doris Burke

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2018, 08:09:26 PM »

Implementing the scrim module in the mini rink should not be hard and may only require a change to the conf file. That should be the first thing we do, IMO.

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2018, 08:21:19 PM »

current mini is mini pub, who the fuck wants to play that? im sure it would be at least be played more than it is now if it had the scrim module. IF fur could modify his thing for the 4v4 mini part I think people would enjoy putting together a squad of 4 and having games, feels better than having some mixed portion of a team in a scrim game with extra players added.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

memorize

• Registered Posting Whore
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2018, 03:02:48 AM »

idk. i still feel like if there's 4v4 scrim, then there will almost never be a 6v6 pub, and that'll just reduce the population even more. people complain about others playing 2v2 instead of joining pub because they need those 4 players to start pub. people assume pub will never start and/or lose motivation to even start pub, and end up leaving. same shit with mini

edit: can we maybe lower the time of scrim to 10 min. and first goal wins? that might decrease the wait time for scrim, teams will get recycled quicker, more competition since that one goal means the whole game.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:35:35 AM by memorize »
what's this thread about?

NCVinyl

• RSHL Captain
  • Mensa 125
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2018, 05:53:44 AM »

Fix pub first. Team that loses = spec’d. I cud get on board with first to 3 in scrim tho.
David Seaman #1> and u have the best goalie and best weasel along with 2 guys who could probably run their own show
PsychoT+> hey I think leafy is a great player but he definitely can't run his own show
PsychoT+> you know that
PsychoT+> hes not that type of player

warrior11

• HZ Media
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »

fuk ursilf boogiemin

scrimmich will b 4v4 i dont gif a fuk what the rink size or settings are. no1 wants to play currint public or scrimmich except like 5 lizird dykes. scrimmich doesnt haf 2 b the same as rshl, y do u need 6v6 scrimmich if we keep 6v6 pub? b opin mindid n do exactly what i say this instint

right now hz is garpige u haf same ppl vsink 1-2 scrim games per night and pub is the wirst, when there are 6-12 ppl in zone no1 has ne motivation to play becuz pub sucks mini sucks n scrimmich sucks. if ppl know scrimmich is 4v4 n only takes 8 playirs then 1 game will start and many othirs will assembil n then u haf a actif competitif zone

4v4 scrimmich= zone activity aftir 5pm eastirn 24/7, more competition becuz u actually haf 2 win to stay on becuz there will b a queue with lots of ppl wantink 2 play scrimmich n b champions, ppl will get bettir @ game becuz u haf 2 b involved in offinse and difince in 4v4 (also more fun for goalies)

THERE WILL STILL B PUB 6v6 FOR PPL WAITINK FOR SCRIMMICH AND FOR LIZIRDS

downside=0 upside=10000000000000000000

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2018, 11:24:52 AM »

Fix pub first. Team that loses = spec’d. I cud get on board with first to 3 in scrim tho.

Probably the easiest and best fix. No one wants to log in and sit around watching.

This will keep pub fresh and folks would wait 10 mins if they knew they could get in, plus yoh also have the benefit of improving the compete level in pub by adding incentive to not lose.

Might even consider implementing the mercy rule for pub if shit is out of hand.

If tied then spec both teams.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:26:53 AM by Kula »

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2018, 11:31:15 AM »

current mini is mini pub, who the fuck wants to play that? im sure it would be at least be played more than it is now if it had the scrim module. IF fur could modify his thing for the 4v4 mini part I think people would enjoy putting together a squad of 4 and having games, feels better than having some mixed portion of a team in a scrim game with extra players added.

Allow 1nts? Or what...
"I like Fur, and I would expect some good slapshot outlets from him on defense." - Thrill 2011

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2018, 05:41:54 PM »

scrimmich doesnt haf 2 b the same as rshl, y do u need 6v6 scrimmich if we keep 6v6 pub?

pretty sure i would never log in again if the only 6v6 mode in the game was current public

Doris Burke

Dark Messenger

• RSHL Referee
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2018, 07:29:51 PM »

pretty sure i would never log in again if the only 6v6 mode in the game was current public

Implement this now. We have our main reason.
Dark Messenger Studios

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2018, 08:10:29 PM »

would have been funnier coming from someone who actually matters, but you took the low hanging fruit faster than anyone else so congrats

Doris Burke

warrior11

• HZ Media
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2018, 08:39:06 PM »

y do u need more 6v6 than rshl and pub r u fukd

Lawn Dwarf

• RSHL Captain
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2018, 11:51:11 PM »

i feel safe going on record as saying this is the worst 7 page thread in hockey zone history

jalrix

• Making a Name
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2018, 11:46:23 AM »

fuck all your moms
http://rshl.org/zilla/lgroster.htm

Can you guess how many teams I am on?

warrior11

• HZ Media
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »

i feel safe 2 vs recird that u dont play hz outside of rshl becuz pub n scrimmich haf 0 compitition n are garbige n if it was 4v4 u wud b most actif scrimmichir such as seasin 9 when u were noopi lizird

SuperDan

• freezeem.ytmnd.com
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2018, 02:24:26 PM »

Closing thread. If you want to continue, it's been moved to FoI
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 23 queries.