Hockey/Football Zone Forums (Subspace | Continuum)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Team Forums: If you need a RSHL, MSHL, or RSFL team forum, forum PM Kilo Dylie with the name of your team, and who will moderate the board.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: do you guys just not play anymore?  (Read 3090 times)

memorize

• Registered Posting Whore
Re: do you guys just not play anymore?
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 03:52:33 PM »

people that think that way actually exist? anyway i stick to my argument
oh. i was replying to vio. i didn't read what you wrote. sorry. but yeah that way does actually exist for me since i just want 1 period. with hz dying, we have this notion that we should freely hand out playtime (at least 1 period) to newcomers and returning vets in hopes of attracting them to play more often. and i'm all up for that. so why would i break my back to receive what i'm already given?

also, you and vio play hz for different reasons. you play to win. vio plays to play (have fun). hence he sees no stress should be involved since it's a meaningless game whereas you want to win and get stressed when you don't see results. and i feel like this is 50/50 of hz right now
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 03:56:36 PM by memorize »
what's this thread about?

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 05:43:29 PM »

But what will happen to vio and CR? Will this be the year they finally win?

https://rshl.org/ci/index.php?c=gameview&G=3942
"I like Fur, and I would expect some good slapshot outlets from him on defense." - Thrill 2011

warrior11

• HZ Media
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 06:16:47 PM »

you haf a choice in how u react to anything in life. u can take it in stride with the right attitude accipt any challenge and take responsibility or some productive/positive direction, or u can vs self pity make excuses complain get emotiona blame othirs get stressed be volatile or w/e non productive negatif reaction u select

nobody likes losing, making a bad play, feeling like u let the team down etc, theres are normal feelings. mastir competitors/ppl with testicles dont get stressed when this happens, especially in a video game. in the heat of the moment ppl with composure/experience/gud head on shouldirs will react to negatives in a productif way becuz they undirstind u shud nevir get 2 high or 2 low because ups n downs are always presint n u cud only control what u cud control

like i said memorize is a lizird the fuk does "break my back to receive what im already given mean"

Zeppelin

• Pucking Ducks
  • Armed and Dangerous
  • Gary says: but then i guess they flirt with me
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 07:40:50 PM »

you haf a choice in how u react to anything in life. u can take it in stride with the right attitude accipt any challenge and take responsibility or some productive/positive direction, or u can vs self pity make excuses complain get emotiona blame othirs get stressed be volatile or w/e non productive negatif reaction u select

viop I disagree with pretty much everything you've said in this thread, especially that up there. It's clear this is not your area of expertise, which is fine. It wouldn't have been mine either if I hadn't spent the last year of my life doing what I did and learning what I learnt. Such is life.
Nothing, or nothing you can see...

memorize

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 07:51:53 PM »

like i said memorize is a lizird the fuk does "break my back to receive what im already given mean"
the fuck does 90% of the shit you type mean? am not a lizard

kai-

• DreamTeam
  • RSHL Captain
  • Making a Name
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 08:44:54 PM »

Vio please reserve all future lizird talk to me.

warrior11

• HZ Media
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2018, 09:37:54 PM »

you don't think u have a choice in how u react to situations in a video game? i undirstind the pressure ppl are under and not being able to be positive and take everything in stride irl because so much goes on that is garbage and ppl are gettink fukd ovir and so many unfortunate things are vsing them n theres racism povirty ppl gettink fired family membirs dyink bills 2 pay trump is presidint w/e. i undirstind life is not easy especially 4 where u were in africi

howevir i think hz is not any of this so there is 0 excuse 4 allowing hz to b viewed as stressfil. its one thing 2 get a little nervis in rshl mitches, its anothir thing 2 allow hz to b a life stressir, unacciptibil. video games r video games irl is irl

u r a lizird becuz u consider practicing hz "breaking ur back"

Kula

• HZ Media
  • Registered Posting Bot
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2018, 10:22:02 PM »

https://rshl.org/ci/index.php?c=gameview&G=3942

I was jk I knew they won but for some reason I thought it was back in s11-18

memorize

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 02:10:13 AM »

you don't think u have a choice in how u react to situations in a video game? i undirstind the pressure ppl are under and not being able to be positive and take everything in stride irl because so much goes on that is garbage and ppl are gettink fukd ovir and so many unfortunate things are vsing them n theres racism povirty ppl gettink fired family membirs dyink bills 2 pay trump is presidint w/e. i undirstind life is not easy especially 4 where u were in africi

howevir i think hz is not any of this so there is 0 excuse 4 allowing hz to b viewed as stressfil. its one thing 2 get a little nervis in rshl mitches, its anothir thing 2 allow hz to b a life stressir, unacciptibil. video games r video games irl is irl

u r a lizird becuz u consider practicing hz "breaking ur back"
nothing in hz is stressful. i g lag / phase through hz all day everyday. as for breaking my back, it's more about getting hz started. takes too much effort to get pub rolling

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2018, 10:26:10 AM »

I truly believe if (at least) Sunday always had games scheduled with a gap, i.e 8pm game paired with a 10pm game or 9pm game paired with an 11pm game, we would support an hour or so of pub / scrim activity.

I know it's hassle, but I hope captains and scheduling can work together to make this happen.

PS when I was LC, and could enable such schedulng to work, pub was alive ( but people where a bit more willing to play back then )

"I like Fur, and I would expect some good slapshot outlets from him on defense." - Thrill 2011

memorize

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2018, 11:36:33 AM »

i like the way you think

Steve Cheese

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2018, 07:59:51 AM »

No one has 8PM slots selected, I am not even sure if they are available.  This is not the golden age of HZ, most teams have ~3-4 slots a week that they feel confident they can field a full team.   Not to mention, the current regime or refs more or less are against 11 PM games if possible.

It's not only up to the just the captains and the scheduler to make pub active, its up to the player base and that continues to dwindle. 

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2018, 10:53:03 AM »

The captains and the scheduler have a huge responsibility in trying to keep scrim active, should be obvious. When there are no games scheduled there is no scrim.

People don't have 8pm set because nobody would prefer to play at 8pm, but I'm sure teams could play an 8pm game every 3~ weeks if it really had a positive effect on the zone population by splitting the games up when possible.

As far as I know RKDN is up at 11+, not to mention we have new refs this season. "Refs don't feel like doing 11pm games" shouldn't be a real reason. I'll ref every 11pm game if it means we have active scrim.

I feel like you're kinda trying to kick the can down the road here Cheese by just claiming "it's not possible and the staff doesn't want it" out of hand. People played 5pm games once a week when it meant we had one extra not-even-that-good team in the league.
have you won your blackie yet?

Doris Burke

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2018, 11:06:58 AM »

Fine 8:30 and 10:30 on Sunday.

Compromise all round.

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2018, 11:12:00 AM »

wow another great idea, fur is on a roll

im also just mad i logged on against last night at 7:45pm to play one and a half trashy pub games (4 level 1's and me at one point) because nobody logged on until 8:45, afk for two rshl games, and then have the entire zone immediately log off at 11pm so there is no scrim.

Tired of that shit. It makes me feel like even checking HZ on a day my team isn't playing is pointless. I'd rather play 12 minutes of scrim than two hours of pub. Yet even on RSHL nights you can't get a scrim game 90% of the time.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:20:20 AM by The Boogieman »

Doris Burke

Steve Cheese

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2018, 11:42:16 AM »

Yes I am interested in driving my own agenda not helping the zone/league.  Everything I said is a lie just like the cake.

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2018, 11:54:44 AM »

dont take what i said so personally

you are the scheduler so what you feel like or not feel like doing matters

if the scheduler is instantly negative about a suggestion revolving changing the schedule, that reads pretty bad for how likely that change is to happen

Like I said, I feel like you're trying to kick the can down the road because you don't want to deal with the effort of actually making change. Which is fine. You specifically don't necessarily have to do much outside of your usual responsibilities for something like this. It's not required.

Just as someone in (somewhat) a position of power, just a simple "hey i'll ask the captains again about 8/11pm timeslots" and sending out a forum message or a captains forum thread would be 300% more productive than whatever you just did

fwiw, i do apolgize if i suggested you didnt care at all or are a bad scheduler
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:03:39 PM by The Boogieman »

Doris Burke

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2018, 12:18:27 PM »

It's not steve's responsibility to schedule games on every night so that the zone is more lively. His responsibility is to schedule games that teams can actually show to. West coasters have issues showing to 8 PM games, as has been well documented over the last 20 years.

it would be nice to have games more spread out so the zone is more active more frequently, but HZ is clearly in its twilight years. The days of all of us logging in almost daily are long gone - most of us now only log in for league games. Steve mentioned it, but teams are now much more lean (not just by choice) and as a result, a time that doesn't work for even just one guy might mean a 5v6 game, which is not fun for anybody.

For those that are interested in playing HZ during non-league game days, maybe look at discord, or bumping that active HZ thread, or communicating via steam, etc. I know at one point we experimented with some site functionality but I'm not sure that works anymore. The bottom line is, not everyone is interested in playing all the time. But if you can get at least 8 people that are, you can at least play mini. Even big budget games like destiny have poor in game matchmaking, and require external resources (LFG sites) for proper multiplayer. HZ is much further behind, but we have steam/discord/etc to hopefully overcome that.

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2018, 12:30:54 PM »

Clearly, leaving it up to the players doesn't work. 9-11pm straight cuts out the best scrim time for league and according to you 8pm is too early for west coast and 11pm is arguably late for east coast, so where does that leave us?

Let's consider the options here:

- less double headers combined with Fur's bot in some way (like a weekly scrim all star game) to give more timeslots & incentive to casual play

- Moving RSHL to a multi-rink arena with the pub module available (probably too much effort for anyone to realistically do)

- 9pm + 11pm game or 8pm + 10pm game to give an hour for casual play while teams are logged on for RSHL

- a scrim or discord ladder that was reliable/easy to use (!signup in discord, pinged for game, !ready to confirm, login and ?go ladder or use the scrim module and !report the copy-pasted stat log to the discord) to replace waiting for people to log in

So what's doable?

Personally, I'm not convinced teams couldn't play an 8 or 8:30pm timeslot once every so often if it really did wonders for zone activity. You still have postponements and if your entire team is west coast you will have problems showing regardless. But if that's not considered realistic then we should seriously start discussing an alternative. What we are doing right now is not sustainable.

I can't be the only one who would play more than one hour of organized space hockey a week if it didn't take 4 hours of time to MAYBE play 10 minutes.

Doris Burke

Fur of Fur

• Samba Lagger
  • Donator
  • Hockey Zone Watch.
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2018, 12:44:41 PM »

Hence why I only suggested the double header gap to occur once per week.

Need active population out of Rshl, more than ladders etc, they will keep being developed as they are being used on and off, and many features of them are passivly applied anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 24 queries.