Hockey/Football Zone Forums (Subspace | Continuum)

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: do you guys just not play anymore?  (Read 2951 times)

warrior11

• HZ Media
  • My post count proves I'm better than you
Re: do you guys just not play anymore?
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2018, 11:48:32 AM »

yis there r only a handful of hzirs who vs 1-15 hrs of video games per day @ this junctire, and like ld statid ne1 that doesnt haf a vigini has 0 intirist in playing piblic or non competitif scrimmich. competitif scrimmich w/ teams lined up winnir stays on and rshl games is what makes hz gr8

i wish 1 day scrimmich cud b 4v4 abit smallir rink becuz then we cud haf sum competitif scrimmichis n mayb furs laddir cud b used n ppl wud care to show up n try 2 b victirs. keep pub how it is but make scrimmich 4v4 permanently ty

memorize

• Registered Posting Whore
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2018, 12:08:43 PM »

quick question. why do people not like the current mini?
what's this thread about?

Steve Cheese

• Donator
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2018, 12:29:38 PM »

Because it's not the old mini with captains and stats

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2018, 12:43:03 PM »

Steve is great, works well with everyone and always gets the job done even though it fucking sucks. Pair that with how long he's been doing this and i'm pretty sure no one in the zone could do a better job.

New mini is horrible, it is slightly different than the old mini i'm pretty sure, and the way the module is programmed is certainly different, especially with how the goalie thing works. No one wants to mess around with that garbage.
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2018, 01:06:46 PM »

I have forgotten nothing nor changed my mind...

Do you need to go back to school because your reading comprehension is fucked. I have never and will never suggest :30 past times are a bad idea.  In fact I'm the only RSHL scheduler to ever schedule games as such.

Alright I'll concede this point because you said "the current regime would be against 11pm" which I just extrapolated to "anything past 10 is bad" which I guess is putting words in your mouth.

I hope some discussion about :30 timeslots carries on behind the scenes then.

let alone scrim for fun on free time, and when those moments do come up and we check zone numbers they are at 0.

This is a solvable problem though. It's a problem that compounds on itself when people check the zone pop and see its 0 so they don't log in, so the next person sees its 0 and also doesn't log in, until a dozen people have chosen not to log in (who could have played) and no HZ ever activates.

Discord is what everybody is using nowadays and the bot features can be relatively robust. Something like that with simple commands would go a long way.
have you won your blackie yet?

Doris Burke

memorize

what's this thread about?

Lawn Dwarf

• RSHL Captain
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2018, 01:38:36 PM »

Boogie, with all due respect...most games start 15-20 minutes after the slotted schedule anyway.  I don't really think the time difference is going to make that much of a difference but i'm happy to try.

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2018, 01:53:19 PM »

The biggest thing about the discord would be having the bot tech to get people in and out of the game. For example, just this one command would be a great start:

!ready - Bot keeps a list of who is online that has used the !ready command in the last ~2-3 hours, when there are 8 ready players (mini) and 12 ready players (fc) the bot pings everyone

kinda like playqueue but on a platform people are already using as opposed to the rshl.org site itself.

Chatting from discord to in-game and vice versa could help (probably more difficult without a hacky solution like copy/pasting from a chat client). A simple !quote with hundreds of stuff from the forums/qotd that are famous would be a fun command.

Think we just need a more active space to hang out when people are available and willing to perhaps play space hockey than the forums. Following a simple tutorial I can almost pick up enough to make a simple !ready command, but I don't think I've seriously coded js in 10 years and I have other stuff to work on. Maybe there is another game that has already solved this problem for us in the form of a discord bot source out there somewhere. Gotta do some searching (my specialty!)

Boogie, with all due respect...most games start 15-20 minutes after the slotted schedule anyway.  I don't really think the time difference is going to make that much of a difference but i'm happy to try.

If every game starts 10 after the gap between games is maintained.

If a game goes 9:10 to 10:00 (pretty standard), the next game would start at 10:40 (everybody starting to filter out of pub at 10:30). Lately we've had between 20-26 people online for double headers around the start of the 2nd game from what I've noticed. 24 people for 4 full teams without subs, so it's about what we'd expect.

in that 10:00 - 10:35 gap you could get in two, maybe three scrim games and there are just enough people on for a concurrent pub or mini game to be realistic. It doesn't feel like much but if you do that lets say just 2x a week, that's an extra full hour of concurrent pub/scrim (being optimistic) a week. I find it rare scrim lasts more than 2 games after the final game (if it starts at all), so while it might not seem like much I think people would notice how much more actual hockey they were getting to play on a league night.

Doris Burke

kai-

• DreamTeam
  • RSHL Captain
  • Making a Name
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2018, 02:24:27 PM »

There are only 8 teams so double headers are rare unless teams start playing twice a week. Viable in preseason, but once reg season starts it won’t work anyways.

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2018, 02:36:03 PM »

You don't expect teams to play twice a week on occasion this season with 8 teams? I think there will absolutely be weeks where you have a game on Monday and a game on Thursday, etc.

I can't imagine the plan was actually to have teams wait a full week between games on a regular basis. Maybe once every 3 games or so, but I'd rather have a 3 or 4 day break than a 7 day break constantly. No team in the preseason has been playing 1 game a week, and the preseason has the best incentive to extend the schedule, so unless there is a captains forum agreement I'm not privy to I really can't see there being less than 2 double headers a week on average.

Last season had 8 teams and teams played Wednesday/Sunday or Sunday/Tuesday or Monday/Wednesday multiple times a season. So it's not like it was any different last year. FSM only had 2 seven day breaks and 2 six day breaks last season out of 14 games. And im pretty sure half of those were postponements. The rest were multiple games in < 5 days.

Doris Burke

Steve Cheese

• Donator
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2018, 03:33:47 PM »

1.5 games per week has been the pace of the season for several season.  That seems to work for the infrastructure (population, avails, refs, GJs).  As I plan it out teams should not any breaks beyond 6 days and typically less.  I obviously can do nothing about postponements extending breaks but I do try to get the captains of postponed games to agree to game slots that are vacant in the same schedule block to avoid the extended breaks.

Something to keep in mind with the current availability slot requirements it is possible for teams to have only similar avail matches once or twice a week.  If :30 past slots were added to availability, more slots would have to be selected to make it any more viable. 

warrior11

• HZ Media
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2018, 07:33:01 PM »

cud we change scrim to 4v4 abit smallir rink permanently it doesnt take rockit appliancis to see the 100000 procreations n 0 conatations 2 doing this or do u need me 2 list them all for the 9000000000000000000000th time

Thrill HZ

• Spaceship Commentator
  • RSHL Captain
  • Out of Control
  • All stat requests go through my agent, BlueGoku
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2018, 08:07:13 PM »

The current mini is like mini pub, its awful, no one will ever want to consistently play it. Plausible solution, give mini its own arena with the scrim module, captains, queue etcetera. The little team module that fur did for scrim is probably much more applicable to something like mini. I know we have the capability to be in a queue while being in a separate arena. So just set it up so that if people want mini they can play pub or scrim while in queue for mini and vice versa for the players in mini. I guess we could also set it up so that mini used a better module just in the pub arena, but part of me thinks people will never be interested if it doesn't seem separate like before. This leaves the normal gameplay unaltered while giving people a better option to play 4v4 so the zone can be more active, which makes it slightly better imo viop
thrill is super awkward and likely rubs it out to himself in the mirror

BlueGoku

• Choke Artist
  • Ambassador
  • Out of Control
    • Center Ice
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2018, 09:09:54 PM »

I agree with all those changes other than moving it to a separate arena. Think back to before ASSS days when we only had 1 rink in the main arena. Everyone was in ?go scrim all the time. Certainly we do not have the population to run two concurrent 6v6 games anymore (though it has happened in recent seasons a few times) but concurrent 4v4 and 6v6 games should be doable.

Mini might be the gateway to bringing more activity to this game. Get stats up on the site (or even with Fur's bot) and enable captains (I believe this might just be a matter of loading the scrim module up for it... I'm not sure it needs new code). Much easier and faster to get a game of mini going than pub/scrim. And at this point we don't have the luxury of trying to do everything in our power to keep pub alive, our focus should be on doing everything in our power to keep the zone alive in general. So do whatever is necessary to get activity. It's not pub. It's competitive game modes like captained mini/scrim, and saved stats, ELO, etc.

warrior11

• HZ Media
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2018, 09:48:57 PM »

i dont care if its the mini rink or just a bit smaller rink for 4vs4 scrimmich. point is that winner stays on competitif scrimmich and rshl are the only fun things in hz. changing scrim to 4v4 will make ppl be lining up to play if u ask me, and just leave pub how it is 6v6. dont need 2 go 2 anothir arini or over complicate just change scrim to 4v4 forevir n u will c so much benefits n playirs will also improof fastir because if they choose 2 b scrimmirs they will have to learn how 2 handle the puck n piss n moof in 4v4 game

Steppenwolf

• Blades
  • Making a Name
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2018, 10:02:57 PM »

If we change to a smaller rink length wise I would respectfully ask to keep net dimensions and vertical (width) the same so as to promote league like play with more action because of the midfield being absent. Literally blue line being center would make sense though I don't have map editing skills.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

the wqlf

• Pucking Ducks
  • Inspiration to Trolls Everywhere
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2018, 10:24:43 PM »

I was jk I knew they won but for some reason I thought it was back in s11-18

s15 champs reporting in
ouG> for the record, i punched his ship as it flew by on my monitor irl

Goldeye

• System Cooperator
  • Armed and Dangerous
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2018, 02:20:19 AM »

Why don't you contribute something to the zone other than more text bullshit before you criticize others for brainstorming how to make things a bit better for everyone else. You're going to bat over nothing and in the process actually derailing a productive conversation. So politely, fuck off.

Laggo, this is unacceptable.  I'm glad you've moved past it, but please scroll up, figure out how you started this mess, evidently a comment to Steve, and try not to do it again.  Criticizing staff here is something that you, personally, are not permitted to do; you should be careful not to.
Shlazzer> dont you ppl realize once our sun goes supernova, NOTHING anyone or anything has EVER done or said on this planet will EVER matter?

Thrill> also i have a gr8 personality

I made $124.03 for a single season of HZ!
Nubby> U could b 3rd highest payed player
Nubby> Maybe 2nd

The Boogieman

• Lancaster Savant
  • ROLLY BLOODBOWL
  • Out of Control
  • WHERE IS IFFUB?
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2018, 06:19:23 AM »

You realize I'm talking to Meretrix in that post right, so it's not even relating to Steve? You also realize I already apologized to Steve for whatever he was offended for in this thread?

Why don't you go back to hibernation. People who actually care are in the process of trying to make the zone better. You never seem to be interested in that.

God, do you ever show up to make a positive or contributing post, ever? You haven't been in the zone in a full week and haven't posted in nearly an entire month other than to once again try to ride my dick. The last time you posted was to try and attack Leafy.

Do you ever do anything other than attack people?

Doris Burke

Cereal n Milk

• HZ Media
  • Common Poster
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2018, 07:54:34 AM »

Why don't you go back to hibernation. People who actually care are in the process of trying to make the zone better. You never seem to be interested in that.

God, do you ever show up to make a positive or contributing post, ever? You haven't been in the zone in a full week and haven't posted in nearly an entire month other than to once again try to ride my dick. The last time you posted was to try and attack Leafy.

Do you ever do anything other than attack people?

The lack of self awareness is real. Except you do post more often, I'll give you that
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 24 queries.